• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Religion - Root of all Evil?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. For most Christians like myself it's a matter of personal and private faith so most believers tend not to bang on about it.
    Although I don't believe myself, I have the utmost respect for people like you.
    The hypocrisy and stupidity of the Chicos of this world is what annoys me.
    The program should be thought-provoking anayway.

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Xerxes, the only real Christian on this board?
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. For most Christians like myself it's a matter of personal and private faith so most believers tend not to bang on about it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    He's still logging on regularly. Probably waiting for the reply to his email to stock-answers.com before posting anything.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Chico seems to have disappeared. Licking his wounds no doubt, after he was proved to be an IT fraud and wannabee. Notice how he always ignores Xerxes, the only real Christian on this board?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    People themselves are not evil. Women are evil and use Men to justify their actions.
    we have a misogynist in our midst do we not?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    I'm not sure about that. Doesn't evil imply choice and deliberate intent, rather than just plain stupidity.

NOTE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING - THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO DENIGRATE WOMEN OF ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SORRY, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

I choose my women with deliberate intent, then I am made to feel plain stupid?

Disclaimer:-
    THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS ALSO INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    People themselves are not evil. Women are evil and use Men to justify their actions.
    nah, they use the sex discrimination act to justify their actions!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Women are evil?

I'm not sure about that. Doesn't evil imply choice and deliberate intent, rather than just plain stupidity.

NOTE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING - THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO DENIGRATE WOMEN OF ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SORRY, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Cool, will pop it in my Sky+ planner!

For my two bits worth, religion itself is not evil. People are evil and use religion to justify their actions.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Actually the trailer quoted him as saying:

"Without religion evil people would do evil things, and good people would do good things. Only with religion do good people do evil things".

makes sense to me...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Cool, will pop it in my Sky+ planner!

For my two bits worth, religion itself is not evil. People are evil and use religion to justify their actions.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a topic Religion - Root of all Evil?

Religion - Root of all Evil?

Watch Channel 4, 8 pm, Monday 9th January
    It's Richard Dawkins with his usual clear and lucid exposition, I believe.

Working...
X