• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Shares ISA + SIPP investment ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is overpriced.

China is a bubble, the S&P is overvalued, the FTSE is ripe for a big fall.

Biscuit tin looks the best option or just go out and spend the money enjoying yourself whilst you still can.

Comment

You said that last October when I floated the idea here of buying into a commercial property unit trust. Results? I made ~20% to date on the unit trust I bought and there's more to come.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Well, I am going to invest either way as I have done for a number of years when there have been spare funds available. Bank deposits are returning zip, property the same and I have additional funds for having fun. These investments are my Plan B (anything requiring actual work doesn't appeal !)and will fund my retirement. I have a broad range of PEP's/ISA's etc and after a bit of nerve jangling from a few bumps in the road, most are standing at a healthy profit.
        Fair comments about INV PER and China, surely there is something out there worth a bob chucking at it. Just though a few others on here might be in a similar boat...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          Fair comments about INV PER and China, surely there is something out there worth a bob chucking at it. Just though a few others on here might be in a similar boat...

Don't bring him into this too!

On a serious note though, let me know if you find anything interesting. I'm more than likely to do the Bolton fund for 09/10 but will be looking out for 10/11 soon after.

Comment

Good luck whatever you all decide to put your money into.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              <snipped>

Yes, I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm invested in commodities (10% 1 unit trust), commercial property (10% 1 unit trust), financial opportunities (10% 1 unit trust), UK income (~35% 4 unit trusts) and international growth (~35% 4 unit trusts). I was in high yielding corporate bonds for about 9 months but came out of those and put the money into commercial property. All is fairly tickety boo to date. HTH.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
              X