• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iPad battery failing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    ....... what a ripoff
    We agree there........ its shameful that they are still getting away with it!

Comment

I disagree this is a rip off. Making it non-replaceable is dumb though.

Rechargeable batteries don't have an infinite lifespan, any more than the clutch or tires on your car. Replacing degraded batteries as they age is part of the running cost.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Apple reply on their customers being so dumb and in need of the latest fad gadget from them that they will buy it anyway... and they will. Then they'll put it on the pub table in front of everyone and stroke it endlessly. Apple iPhone (iPad) people are generally tw*ts.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          my point being that most laptops have a 1 year battery life guarantee, I set up a notification 11 months from purchase date to call them up and get it replaced for free (usually next day delivery from Dell) as experience tells me they don't usually last much longer than the year before starting to degrade in performance. This effectively is a free.

With the ipad there is no option for this you are forced into buying a new battery which comes in the form of a replacement ipad every year or so when the battery degrades.. what a ripoff
          <add to to-do list...>
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Apple reply on their customers being so dumb and in need of the latest fad gadget from them that they will buy it anyway... and they will. Then they'll put it on the pub table in front of everyone and stroke it endlessly. Apple iPhone (iPad) people are generally tw*ts.
            I felt the same way before I bought an iPhone. Now I wouldn't be without it.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I felt the same way before I bought an iPhone. Now I wouldn't be without it.
              I'll find out in 5 days

Comment

Most 'gadgets' these days are manufactured to last a year at most. All the mobile phones I have bought lasted a year before some hardware problem rendered the phone useless. I presume this is because most of the consumers change their gadget after a year or so. What is the point in Apple producing a battery that lasted 10 years when their customers threw away the gadget after a year and bought the latest version ?
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                X