• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now the argument on Man-Made Global Warming is settled...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In temperate and rich countries like the UK, it is entirely possible that the effects of AGW will be negligible, possibly even positive for the lifetime of anyone reading this.

For our children and their descendents, it's probably going to start to get a bit grimmer, however.

AND beyond our shores, according to the World Health Organisation , even the modest climate change so far experienced is killing people at the equivalent of one 9/11 every week. Others say two .

Sleep tight!
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      In temperate and rich countries like the UK, it is entirely possible that the effects of AGW will be negligible, possibly even positive for the lifetime of anyone reading this.

For our children and their descendents, it's probably going to start to get a bit grimmer, however.

AND beyond our shores, according to the World Health Organisation , even the modest climate change so far experienced is killing people at the equivalent of one 9/11 every week. Others say two .

Sleep tight!
      I will, nighty night

(BTW, do you know of any studies into the effects of bleeding the radiators on AGW?)
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sleep tight!
        This is ridiculous. You are getting beyond parody now - we all know that the planet can be a hostile place. In the last few years we have seen volcanoes, tsunamis, floods and earthquakes, with millions killed. Climate change will probably kill millions more.

That is not the question, and you know it. What causes climate change ?

Goebbels would be proud of you

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How many people each year die from the effects of cold winters?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3342939.stm

But in previous winters, (between December and March), between 24,000 and 49,000 extra people have died compared to non-winter periods.

That's just the UK.

Comment

It's one thing to believe scientists have measured historic temperatures correctly, but a far greater leap of faith is required to believe they can predict future temperatures.

Comment

Conclusions: The authors confirmed in a large sample of cities that both cold and hot temperatures increase mortality risk. These findings suggest that increases in heat-related mortality due to global warming are unlikely to be compensated for by decreases in cold-related mortality and that population acclimatisation to heat is still incomplete.

Source

If I remember my modern history, Herr Geobbells used to make stuff up. All I am doing is quoting the World Health Organisation, a remarkably Nazi-free group, I suspect ;-)
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Conclusions: The authors confirmed in a large sample of cities that both cold and hot temperatures increase mortality risk. These findings suggest that increases in heat-related mortality due to global warming are unlikely to be compensated for by decreases in cold-related mortality and that population acclimatisation to heat is still incomplete.

Source

If I remember my modern history, Herr Geobbells used to make stuff up. All I am doing is quoting the World Health Organisation, a remarkably Nazi-free group, I suspect ;-)
                I still don't give a toss.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I've just bought myself a small plot of land and a hut on the side of a mountain in Snowdonia. When my great great great grandchildren are all grown, it'll be beachfront property.

Boomed!

Comment

Sleep tight!
                    This needs to be revised, because as you know it is based on false assumptions

The Himlayan glaciers retreating by 2035 would have been a major killer.

There are also some mistakes with regard to storms, rain forest destruction...etc etc

all now known to be false

...and the latest

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-nsd031110.php

can the WHO be trusted?

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article15655.html
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 March 2010, 08:58.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sleep tight!
                      OMG the sky is falling!

Go boil your head Chicken Little. No one but the gullible believes your tripe.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X