• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists thankful for deflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    So are you disputing what the report says? How do you know that these materials have not become cheaper? Are you saying the London bombs did not cost several hundred pounds?

As to the point about police powers, well if they made a request and had evidence to suggest that if they had additional powers it may have prevented that specific attack then those powers should be given.
    Oh dear! I give up ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Oh dear! I give up ....
      Good another God-hater seen off!
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

sasguru - would you like a statistical analysis of all your posts that mention me going back to the old board? What are you my online stalker?
        Well I suppose it is a bit cruel to taunt the village idiot. Passes the time though
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well I suppose it is a bit cruel to taunt the village idiot. Passes the time though
          You seem very insecure sasguru - why is that?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, you can relax and stop banging on about it now. As of two days ago the police now have absolute power to arrest anybody, anytime as long as the arresting office thinks it is "necessary".

Comment

You seem very insecure sasguru - why is that?
              And you, Chico, are very secure in your role as village idiot.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

And you, Chico, are very secure in your role as village idiot.
                Since the only contribution you ever make is to resort to name calling then I have to conclude that you are not only insecure but very insecure. How old did you say you were again?
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

So are you disputing what the report says? How do you know that these materials have not become cheaper? Are you saying the London bombs did not cost several hundred pounds?

As to the point about police powers, well if they made a request and had evidence to suggest that if they had additional powers it may have prevented that specific attack then those powers should be given.
                  Err no. What I am saying is (as Sasguru is indominatably implying) that the article doesn't actually say that the explosive are getting cheaper. I would suggest that these chemicals are no more or less expensive than they have ever been, but would certainly expect their sale to be under tighter scrutiny these days.

As to the police powers - great! Let us know what powers the police should have to prevent these chemicals falling into terrorist hands and we can judge for ourselves.

Comment

Keep at it Insight ...might take more time than you have though ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by insight14
                      Err no. What I am saying is (as Sasguru is indominatably implying) that the article doesn't actually say that the explosive are getting cheaper. I would suggest that these chemicals are no more or less expensive than they have ever been, but would certainly expect their sale to be under tighter scrutiny these days.

As to the police powers - great! Let us know what powers the police should have to prevent these chemicals falling into terrorist hands and we can judge for ourselves.
                      Bit odd then that the London bombs cost a tenth of the Spanish ones or are you saying that UK terrorists are much more efficient than the Spanish ones and what did you mean by "Now C4 hasn't become any cheaper, nor weapons grade explosives - and certainly not to the level of "several hundred pounds" as described by the article."

Did the London bombs cost several hundred pounds or not? And lets be clear you mentioned fertiliser – you did. I did not break down the components of the bombs and I imagine fertiliser is only one aspect
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X