• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The problem with CUK....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My two pennies worth

<Flame clothes on>

The general forum has deginerated into a vast selection of very bored and senior contractors venting at each & posting tulip. Therefore very unlikely to get any newbies involved.

The general board looks more like a Chat Room or Twitter feed! Perhaps, CUK need to implement something along those lines for said bordies'

</Flame Clothes off>
    Wouldn't take long to look back at the posting history to confirm who is actually adding any value here and how is just a complete waste of time.

A little pruning afterwards would certainly improve the board me thinks
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Wouldn't take long to look back at the posting history to confirm who is actually adding any value here and how is just a complete waste of time.

A little pruning afterwards would certainly improve the board me thinks
      Adding value? I'm not getting paid for posting here.

Well, not directly anyway.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

...is not enough new people joining into General.

I think every poster with a high post count should be banned for a few weeks to let the new blood get a bloody word in edge ways.
        The snag is newbies tend to go to extremes, either dipping a toe in the water and high-tailing it at the first sign of dissent or mick-taking, never to return, or else they dive bomb in without a care in the world and practically drown everyone.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X