• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cleaners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Wasn't that the reason for getting married?
    Speaking from personal experience, a cleaner would've been cheaper than my ex-wife.

Comment

A single woman I worked with used to have one because she worked so much.

She used to insist on cleaning the place spotless before the cleaner turned up other wise she'd feel embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        A single woman I worked with used to have one because she worked so much.

She used to insist on cleaning the place spotless before the cleaner turned up other wise she'd feel embarrassed.

That's exactly what my (soon to be ex) wife insisted on doing each week.

The whole fracking reason I spent £18/week on cleaners was to stop the weekly weekend ritual of moving from room to room with feather dusters, while disappointingly not engaging in any carnals, instead of spending "quality time" together.

Still, one of the Brazillian girls was quite a stunner and what with her bending over in that tight, purple track suit, only a pot noodle could temper the delightful images of those lovely puppies fighting in a sack.

So hell yeah, get some cleaners in just purely for the entertainment.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I have one atm, expect to pay between £10 and £15 per hour.

It does save a lot of hassle and is worth the dish.

Though I'm not sure how long this current one will last, the cleaning company I use has a very low retention rate and has just sent me someone who is allergic to cats (I have 3)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would advise not going through a company, as you could often end up with a new one every week. Get a recommendation for someone who operates on their own. (I would have but none of the sole traders are taking on new clients).
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We have one - she's an older lady who works for the cleaning co who look after the communal areas. We saw that some of the other residents had given her keys and stuff and we asked her if she'd do 2 hours every 2 weeks and she does

For me it's the bathrooms and the floor - I hate washing the floor and I hate cleaning the bathrooms.

She's grand and only charges £20 -
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              We have one - she's an older lady who works for the cleaning co who look after the communal areas. We saw that some of the other residents had given her keys and stuff and we asked her if she'd do 2 hours every 2 weeks and she does

For me it's the bathrooms and the floor - I hate washing the floor and I hate cleaning the bathrooms.

She's grand and only charges £20 -
              We have a cleaner?

I hope you hide your pron stash!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                We have a cleaner?

Note to self: hide your pron stash!
                FTFY

Comment

FTFY
                  YouPron, gone at the touch of a button!

(When you remember to delete the history...)

Comment

FTFY
                    Indeed

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    YouPron, gone at the touch of a button!

(When you remember to delete the history...)
                    Indeed again
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

We don't have a cleaner as such - the wife did want one but I didn't like the idea of a stranger walking around my mini-mansion.

We agreed to just outsource my shirt washing/ironing, which I didn't mind because the wife hated doing it. It costs £1.50 a shirt, washed and ironed, and it's a 24 hour service. Much more reliable than my wife.

I do wonder what else I can outsource. Sex is probably pretty high up on the list

Comment

Working...
                      X