• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Menelaus still be around here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't around when all this happened, but IMO the guy has 'done the time' so give him a break. Or, if you really want rid of him, sponsor him to walk to the North Pole naked.

Comment

It may have all been tulip but he was more polite than some of the posters on here
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I'm sick of him.

He's conned people out of money, lied and cheated, bullsh!tted relentlessly, and even though many people have called for him to go he's still here.

When the **** is Brown going to go?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          WTS, this to me seems some sort of postponed witch hunt.. we all know that Chasing the Aurura and Menaulaus are the same. Yes, I agree, some donated money to a Charity in the belief it was being spent to fund his trip and I can see why that can cause embarrassment that those who did were duped but unless something new has materialised in the last 24hrs that I'm unaware of then I agree with Timberwolf, the guy has been judged in a court, he has served his time, it seems that it is an illness and not personal malice that is the root cause of this and as Admin has said previously that they have no reason to ban him as he hasn't actually done anything that breaks forum rules.

I'd personally say that if you feel so strongly about your feelings towards him then that's what the Ignore function is for, we know that he is not alone in the fact of spending time at Her Majestys Pleasure so other than the need to create a witch hunt, what makes him different from many others on here??

In short, give the guy a break. He's done nothing wrong (that I'm aware of) that he hasn't served his punishment for..

Chef

Well said, Chef.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            It's not 'allegedly', it's fact.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/membe...theaurora.html

To clarify my position (not that people should care). I don't think he should be banned just to turn up under another name.

I'm just amazed at the gaul. I am also amazed there's no thread containing the word 'sorry' after people gave money.
            WHS

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Don't ban him.

But don't lend him money, introduce him to your missus, or let him perform 1st aid on you.

Simples...
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              It may have all been tulip but he was more polite than some of the posters on here

Flatter to deceive springs to mind. A charmless con man wouldn't last very long
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Flatter to deceive springs to mind. A charmless con man wouldn't last very long
                Oof! Another firm but fair post...

People have been getting bulls-eyes on this topic...
                Last edited by cojak; 5 March 2010, 09:49.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I'm sick of him.

He's conned people out of money, lied and cheated, bullsh!tted relentlessly, and even though many people have called for him to go he's still here.

When the **** is Brown going to go?
                  back to your Daily Mail DP, nothing to see here
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I keep writing this then deleting it!

Pondlife mentioned an apology.

For someone not suffering with what would appear to be severe mental illness, that would be a completely valid point.

If mental illness is a factor here, it can be assumed that an apology won't be forthcoming, as it may be felt one isn't required.

That doesn't detract from the fact that some CUK members parted with cash, in good faith, and do have every right to feel angry about that, IMO.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I think - what bugged me the most was he came back as Menelaus and tried to ingratiate himself all over again not giving a tulip about the fact he'd duped us all once already.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X