• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should Menelaus still be around here?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Can anyone remember how it came to light that the Chasing The Aurora and Menelaus ID were in fact the same person?

i.e. Did Craig proffer this information himself when he started posting as Menelaus or did someone on the board work it out?

From my hazy memory it was the latter, which to me highlights a lack of atonement on his part for his past mis-representations on this forum.
    Detective Churchill I believe:-
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...aus#post970011

http://forums.contractoruk.com/970108-post29.html

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Can anyone remember how it came to light that the Chasing The Aurora and Menelaus ID were in fact the same person?

i.e. Did Craig proffer this information himself when he started posting as Menelaus or did someone on the board work it out?

From my hazy memory it was the latter, which to me highlights a lack of atonement on his part for his past mis-representations on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    CD banning? Who's CD?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Has he harmed anyone here?

Apart from the dented pride that some of those who donated money to charity or agreed to meet with him has incurred, is there any damage to anyone here on CUK (apart from helen)?

I have nothing against the guy - as has been said after the CD banning, it seems a sad (yet inevitable) day when CUK descends into pack mentality.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    FTFY.
    Some Sarsons with that chip?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That's what I said. He was going to get a ribbing and I thought I'd get in there first to try and divert attention from myself as board bitch.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Ok, Mr Sas "whos's been in the slammer" thread guru
    That's what I said. He was going to get a ribbing and he did. Or should we have just kept quiet? Now I think we should let him get on with his life such as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If he'd come back as someone else and was found out he'd be accused of conning people again. If he comes back as the original character he's accused of not giving a tulip about what he's done.
    So the solution is not to come back? Moreover, perhaps there is a condition not to contact victims? I would have thought so.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I say leave the guy alone. He's paid for his misdeeds in the slammer and he took the inevitable ribbing he got on here. We all know who he is, if you don't want to interact with him then don't.
    Ok, Mr Sas "whos's been in the slammer" thread guru

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If he'd come back as someone else and was found out he'd be accused of conning people again. If he comes back as the original character he's accused of not giving a tulip about what he's done.
    huh?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I say leave the guy alone. He's paid for his misdeeds in the slammer and he took the inevitable ribbing he got on here. We all know who he is, if you don't want to interact with him then don't.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I think - what bugged me the most was he came back as Menelaus and tried to ingratiate himself all over again not giving a tulip about the fact he'd duped us all once already.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You are right, he could have come back as anyone, which makes me wonder is he getting off on the notoriety?
    I don't think that is the case - at least, I fluffing hope not.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I’m glad that we have judges to sort these matters out instead of Daily Wail readers. The guy has been punished and served his time. Shutting him out could simply aggravate his problems, while keeping him around here might give some insight into the kind of person who does what he did, as well as showing that there is evil AND good in everyone, and that it is quite possible for a convict to become a decent individual. That insight might serve to make us all a little more humane in our judgment of others, and that can’t be a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I know CM, I think that is what is getting to everyone.

I think what I'm trying to say is, I strongly suspect (I don't want to go into why) that his train of thought will differ extremely differently from the likes of me and thee.

In his mind, I suspect he has done literally nothing wrong, and will therefore see nothing wrong with coming back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X