• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Letter to Menelaus

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Menelaus has been posting the same way that you'd check for poison.

Stage 1: lurk to get the lie of the land.

Stage 2: respond to others posts occasionally in Business/Accounts forums to see how it goes and let the forum know that he around. Do this for a few weeks to let the system get used to him...

Stage 3: Move to General. Respond to innocuous threads with non-controversial posts. Start gradually to see if flaming occurs. If it does return to stage 1 or 2 (depending on the heat of said flame). If no serious response to 3, Continue to post.

Stage 4: Start own posts in General, allow people to take the p1ss without rancour Start gradually to see if flaming occurs. If it does return to stage 1, 2 or 3 (depending on the heat of said flame). If no serious response to 4, consider oneself 'rehabilitated'.

Some of us have been watching the pattern emerging...

I suspect he might return to 1 for a little while (but return before the Spring Bash).
    The thing is, such a pattern is how a decent normal person would also join a community. You can read any action however you want... complaining that he is behaving well as a means to ingratiate himself is not productive... would it be better if he turned up bitter and ranting?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How much harm can someone do on a virtual stage anyway? If you have decided that you don't like the cut of his jib then ignore him. Simples!
      If that is not sufficient then there is always the de rigeur option of noisily and pretentiously flouncing off for a while. Personally I have never had much to do with Menelaus, and probably won't this incarnation either. Can't see what all the fuss is about.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Can't see what all the fuss is about.
        You're male that's why
        Me, me, me...

Comment

How much harm can someone do on a virtual stage anyway? If you have decided that you don't like the cut of his jib then ignore him. Simples!
          If that is not sufficient then there is always the de rigeur option of noisily and pretentiously flouncing off for a while. Personally I have never had much to do with Menelaus, and probably won't this incarnation either. Can't see what all the fuss is about.
          I heard he was heading over your way to make you bacon & eggs in the morning SB!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            You're male that's why
            True, but I've seen his photos. Let's be honest, he's no Oil Painting. Only the truly desperate will be taken in surely? And they are fair game for any ambitious but aesthetically challenged lotharios anyway.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I heard he was heading over your way to make you bacon & eggs in the morning SB!
              with a cumberland sausage on the side
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

True, but I've seen his photos. Let's be honest, he's no Oil Painting. Only the truly desperate will be taken in surely? And they are fair game for any ambitious but aesthetically challenged lotharios anyway.

He's far prettier than me. But then again I'm far more fussier.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

He might be mad, but he's not THAT mad!!

Comment

He might be mad, but he's not THAT mad!!
                    Mmmm. Would be like Buffalo Bill visiting Hannibal Lecter. ff ff fffffff.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mmmm. Would be like Buffalo Bill visiting Hannibal Lecter. ff ff fffffff.
                      Raging Bull meets Raging Bull Tuliper!

Comment

Working...
                      X