• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This kidnap in India...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How would that be connected to the release of the kid?

Also, where did the £100k come from? They live in "Shaw", not "that London"!
    100k isn't that much, especially if you're putting it out to the family. One thing Asians do very well, and half the reason they have so many corner shops is they're tight family units, and very good at pooling their money to help each other out.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      £100K came from her Majesty, read the post from NAT.
      I sincerely hope not. While, as a parent, I am very happy for the family that the young boy has been returned safe, I would not like to think that HMG paid this ransom, yet refuses to pay the ransom for the couple being held captive in Somalia.

On a side note, todays article in the torygraph mentions how the dad paid the ransom of £110,000 under police surveillance, the police identified, followed and arrested the suspects, yet they only recovered £105,000...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        100k isn't that much, especially if you're putting it out to the family. One thing Asians do very well, and half the reason they have so many corner shops is they're tight family units, and very good at pooling their money to help each other out.
        WHS

£100k cash wouldn't be that difficult to get hold of. These are people who generally buy houses with cash which the entire extended family has helped out with
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Bit cynical that.

No, very cynical in fact.
          I think you may have said the same about....

Girl abducted in Batley. Mother guilty
          Man stabbed in Midlands by 'mugger'. Girlfriend guilty
          Boy flies away in weather ballon. Staged by parents..

Unfortuantely it happens.....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X