• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leftovers: You Decide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Not at all (it wasn't mustard stew with turkey). The trick is evaporating the wine completely before adding the stock, simmering, then adding a little bit of reserved stock mixed with the mustard and simmering again.
    I agree! When I use red wine in a marinade, I always reduce it to get rid of the alchohol.

Comment

Originally posted by TGAOTU
      I agree! When I use red wine in a marinade, I always reduce it to get rid of the alchohol.
      And, of course, I drink the other half of the bottle before the dish gets to the table.

Comment

And, of course, I drink the other half of the bottle before the dish gets to the table.
        Well, it'd be a shame to waste it... Don't forget to have another bottle breathing ready for the meal...

Btw, I've just caught my cat drinking my Baileys night-cap! So, must go and kick the crap out of him!

Ciao!

Comment

Left overs

Toss it all in the bin along with all the clothes that are no longer needed and rejoice that not a single immigrant/asylum seeker or third world ponse benefited from any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
            Toss it all in the bin along with all the clothes that are no longer needed and rejoice that not a single immigrant/asylum seeker or third world ponse benefited from any of it.
            Ponce.

Comment

Ponce.
              Now you're using the American spelling aren't you ?

Comment

I rarely have any left overs because I cunningly don't cook at all over Christmas - this year I was with the boyf's family Xmas Day and at my parents on Boxing Day. No cooking, no washing up, no left overs - it all gets dealt with by whoever I'm visiting! Superb!

Comment

Originally posted by vista
                  Now you're using the American spelling aren't you ?
                  No, ponce is the correct spelling whether you're american or not. I like a good factoid, so here goes: originally a ponce was somebody who drummed up trade for prostitutes.

Comment

Actually...

"Alfonse" meant someone who drummed up trade for prostitutes.

Now there was a "Ponce de Alfonse"

the rest is left as an exercise for the reader...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X