• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound under attack as debt worries grow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold just went vertical, as did Sterling but in the other direction. The former having gone up over £250 / Kg since I bought only an hour or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      FRACK
      Sound as a pound.

There goes my plan to buy holiday rental property in Florida.

Comment

Yes, this is the day I was planning to transfer my money into foreign currency. Doomed.

Comment

waily waily. I should have bought my euros last week.

just wait till I tell the missus that the holiday in Europe is cancelled and we are taking up beekeeping and drinking rainwater instead

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Mind you, devaluing Sterling could be Labour's master plan.
            I am so glad that I took the opportunity to travel abroad extensively over the last few years. It doesn't look like english people will be able to afford to go abroad any more.

Comment

How far does it have to drop before Gordon has to stand outside 10 Downing Street and give a speach?

Hasn't it already dropped more in the last year or two two than in recorded history? The one in the 1970s being a trifling 14% or so?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                I am so glad that I took the opportunity to travel abroad extensively over the last few years. It doesn't look like english people will be able to afford to go abroad any more.
                A new sort of holiday will be created, where you stand on the Isle of Wight and shout across the Channel "You rich foreign bastards!" at the top of your voice.

Very soothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  How far does it have to drop before Gordon has to stand outside 10 Downing Street and give a speach?

Hasn't it already dropped more in the last year or two two than in recorded history? The one in the 1970s being a trifling 14% or so?
                  I remember $1.45/£1 around 2001. Still it's getting rather a nasty hammering today.

Comment

GBPUSD at its low today was down 400 pips.

Please pound, please, crash before the general election
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I have business accounts in £ & $. Apart from losing a couple of % in commission, is my company allowed to shift money back and forth to make a profit, or would I need to change the way my business is classified?

I get about 50/50 of my income in $ and £. Does that mean I'm safe? Moving the majority in either direction seems a little risky.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X