• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Council review may mean end of counties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Council review may mean end of counties

why do they always have to meddle...

"Ministers are working on the biggest shake-up of local government for a generation",

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...674771,00.html

can't someone give them a PSP to play with while they are in office so that they don't meddle with everything all the time ?

Milan.

Absolutely beans. Let's have smaller decentralised organisations that respond more effectively to local needs .Then a few decades on it's let's merge into larger units them for efficiency. Forever fannying about for no good reason, and there is never any positive result, apart from the point of view of the public sector beurocrats, there are always more of those fecking useless feather bedded idle parasites with every reorganisation.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

morning Xog,

nice to see you again or shall we say, as usual, agreeing with the Benes wisdom.

How are you doing ? How was Christmas ? What about your pikey neighbours stealing extra garden ?

Things are ticking along fine here in bratvurst land.

Milan.

Comment

I dunno, all that messing about with council structures will mean lots of contract jobs to first decentralise and then recentralise it all. You should see this an opportunity to earn back all that council tax we pay.

Comment

Wotho beans. I'm sodding working today (at home tho) trying to sort out yet another problem with satellite images. Christmas was relative infested. There should be a spray you can use.

Pikey scums were defeated. They are morons. I am rather good at dealing with officialdom and legalities tho I say it myself.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

good to hear old boy

what's up with your sky box, dish pointing in the wrong direction ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
            X