• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Are People Keen To Get Out Of IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    You still have to stick your finger up old men's arses.
    yep, I'll do that for 200K. Nurse! pass the rubber gloves please
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      My own GP is on £200K a year
      How do you know your GP is on 200k a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
        All this talk of the death of I.T. is a bit like the proverbial ejaculation before she's had enough*.
        *premature.
        As long as I'm happy...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          You still have to stick your finger up old men's arses.
          Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          yep, I'll do that for 200K. Nurse! pass the rubber gloves please

I think there are some old men out there who pay a good hourly rate for that service. You wouldn't be far off 200k if you charged £100/hour and did 8 hours a day. Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            How do you know your GP is on 200k a year?
            My GP is an acquaintance of one of my friends' who is a doctor and her mother, who I also know and is also one of his patients, asked him.

I know a lot about GPs salaries because I end up mixing with GPs and some other specialities due to the people I know.

Most GPs are salaried and earn a lot less. Only partners earn that much but that also depends on the type of practice they run. Plus it's very difficult now to get to be a GP let alone a partner in a GP practice.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              My GP is an acquaintance of one of my friends' who is a doctor and her mother, who I also know and is also one of his patients, asked him.

I know a lot about GPs salaries because I end up mixing with GPs and some other specialities due to the people I know.

Most GPs are salaried and earn a lot less. Only partners earn that much but that also depends on the type of practice they run. Plus it's very difficult now to get to be a GP let alone a partner in a GP practice.
              The vast majority of GPs are partners and will be for quite a few years.

Comment

Working...
              X