• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas drink driving campaign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas drink driving campaign

Morning All,

during 6 days of driving round southern blighty over christmas didn't see a single police car.

even yesterday in the snow on the M20 two crashes and no police cars, they must have thought bad weather best to stay at the depot with a hot cuppa.

funny at dover there was a queue to leave ! and everybody was getting questioned by the passport people, one of the questions was are you carrying a large amount of cash euros or pounds ? strange

All in all a great christmas though hope the same was true for everbody else

now back to the grindstone

Milan.

Yes Milan,

TPTB have swapped most of the traffic cops for road cameras. While they can catch speeding sober drivers they don't have much of an impact this blind drunk drivers keeping to the speed limit.

As you rightly point out this year will see a rocketing of deaths/accidents by drink drivers.

As we all know (and I saw prooved some years ago while in France), people don't drink drive because it's bad but because they're afraid they'll get caught.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
    X