• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Iraq enquiry - this time of Blair's decision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Iraq enquiry - this time of Blair's decision

Cross-party support for war probe
    There have been four separate inquiries into different aspects of the Iraq war, but there has yet to be an inquiry focusing on the way the government's decision to join a US-led invasion was made.

SNP leader Alex Salmond says 107 MPs have signed a Commons motion calling for a special committee of seven senior MPs to review the decision-making process. "Members believe Blair misled Parliament and the people he was elected to represent."

The MPs include 49 Lib Dems, 26 Conservatives and 20 from Labour. Ex-Tory Chancellor Ken Clarke and Lib Dem deputy leader Sir Menzies Campbell are among those who have signed. The motion was tabled by former Tory Foreign Office Minister Douglas Hogg.
    At last. I hope the lying barstard gets humiliated.

We don't want humiliation, we want this to lead to a vote of confidence...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Does it make that much difference, The British public will still vote for NL - Each new immigrant is a new vote for NL.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Doubt it. Last time, the great unwashed voted for Tony first and our economic miracle second. The first is now clearly a spent force and the the second is being shown more and more to be the myth it always was.

All it takes is for Cameron to keep up the appearance of being a good replacement (he may or may not be, but if Tony can get NL re-elected on image, so can he with the Tories) and it could all change very quickly.

Incidentally, that's also why LibDems will go nowhere, despite being well regarded at the local government level. "Kennedy? Nice chap, bit of a duffer, drinks too much" - all totally untrue, but the perception will keep them out of the national polls.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          I doubt it will happen. New Lier supremo Blair is a lawyer, and has thus far avoided a proper investigation by launching enquiries with a narrow remit, and making sure the enquiry was led by someone tame.

But ... he is said to hate Brown, and it is possible that his sub-conscious desire is to shaft Brown by leaving him with a tainted inheritance ... so post-election he might agree.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Yawn..... when are you tree huggers going to change your tune? Huh war this war that ... well considering that people still bleat on about the second world war I guess that there is still more moaning to be done.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              well considering that people still bleat on about the second world war I guess that there is still more moaning to be done.
              So people should just forget 60 mln or so killed in WW2?

Comment

So people should just forget 60 mln or so killed in WW2?
                And many people still remember that Helen had really amazing breasts.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  ... well considering that people still bleat on about the second world war I guess that there is still more moaning to be done.
                  Yeah those old codgers in their silly uniforms are such a pain aren't they? They seem to think we owe them something. Selfish old buggers.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    And many people still remember that Helen had really amazing breasts.
                    Would that be Helen of Troy?

(Only on this forum ...)

Fungus.

Comment

Working...
                    X