• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory plan against 'PC silliness'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    I'm impressed! Did you not have to use any tricks for any of those? You know, like nigger
    Nope, maybe the mods aren't smart enough to pick up the more creative words!

My grandfather always referred to 'oo-dats' as a coloured person from the indian continents but it equally also referred to a coloured person of afro-carribean origin too. I guess it was just a catch-all for when he ran out of other things to call them. He was a tad racist on occasion.

Comment

Crime Museum's nickname 'racist'

"An Asian officer has complained that using the name "Black Museum" for the Metropolitan Police's famous archive of crime artefacts is racist."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4569006.stm

In true form to its goal of educating the Great "British" Public the BBC add this snippet at the end - in case you where confused:

"The phrase "Black Museum" has traditionally referred to its funereal and evil nature, and has nothing to do with the ethnic origin of its exhibits."

Well, I never knew!

Comment

yep

Not everything is about race. The nursery rhyme "Baa Baa Black sheep" is about taxation and black wool due to its rarity was worth more.but its not PC to sing it.

apparrently they only got taxed 2 thirds of profits on wool sale so they didn't do too badly.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X