• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nissan GTR - good car / bad car ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
    yeah but if you going for second hand, you can probably get a 2008 GTR for 40k or less.
    Each to their own.

I would rather own the 2nd hand Porsche 911 Turbo all specced up than a new Nissan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      If the Nissan costs £65K new in the UK with some options added, you could have a 2008 911 Turbo with the sport pack giving 450 bhp.

I know what I'd rather have.
      The new vs old comparison is pointless.

The new GTR is a hot new car, and not many people have one: if you drive one you will stand out. In a few years time however the GTR will be verging on chav territory. It won't be the fastest thing round the 'ring any more and most examples will be heavily molested with tinted windows, chrome alloys and lurid decals. in 2014 Basingstoke Burger King car park will be its favoured stomping ground.

The 911 will still be a good car though.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

If you're comparing with second hand cars for 65k you could have your pick of Ferrari 575 or 360, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston DB9, etc., etc.

Comment

Passat

milan
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            If you're comparing with second hand cars for 65k you could have your pick of Ferrari 575 or 360, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston DB9, etc., etc.
            I'd take any of those over a Nissan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'd take any of those over a Nissan.
              So..... not a fan of Nissan then?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                In a few years time however the GTR will be verging on chav territory.

The 911 will still be a good car though.
                Agreed, but have you seen the kind of guys that drive 911s? usually middle-age bores in chinos who think that driving a porsche is somehow going to compensate for being a pudgy aging Clarkson-eque bore.

Jeez you don't have to go far past psych 101 to detect the air of 'I've raised myself slightly above the rest of the pack and I want everyone to know it' emanating from the male 911 driver.

Talk about over-compensating.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post

Talk about over-compensating.
                  Any middle age man who still gives a flying feck about what they drive is over-compensating for something.

At 39 I'm comfortable with the idea of driving a passat or a big blu volvo, but then I do have a massive cock.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Any middle age man who still gives a flying flip about what they drive is over-compensating for something.

At 39 I'm comfortable with the idea of driving a passat or a big blu volvo, but then I do have a massive cock.
                    Of course you do.

If you really did have you wouldn't feel the need to post the bollocks you did.

Churchill - In "Alan Parsons Project" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Of course you do.

If you really did have you wouldn't feel the need to post the bollocks you did.

Churchill - In "Alan Parsons Project" mode!
                      I thought all ginger men had big knobs? It's gods compensation for the ridicule they have to endure.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X