• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nissan GTR - good car / bad car ?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Of course you do.

If you really did have you wouldn't feel the need to post the bollocks you did.

Churchill - In "Alan Parsons Project" mode!
    I thought all ginger men had big knobs? It's gods compensation for the ridicule they have to endure.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Any middle age man who still gives a flying flip about what they drive is over-compensating for something.

At 39 I'm comfortable with the idea of driving a passat or a big blu volvo, but then I do have a massive cock.
    Of course you do.

If you really did have you wouldn't feel the need to post the bollocks you did.

Churchill - In "Alan Parsons Project" mode!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post

Talk about over-compensating.
    Any middle age man who still gives a flying feck about what they drive is over-compensating for something.

At 39 I'm comfortable with the idea of driving a passat or a big blu volvo, but then I do have a massive cock.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    In a few years time however the GTR will be verging on chav territory.

The 911 will still be a good car though.
    Agreed, but have you seen the kind of guys that drive 911s? usually middle-age bores in chinos who think that driving a porsche is somehow going to compensate for being a pudgy aging Clarkson-eque bore.

Jeez you don't have to go far past psych 101 to detect the air of 'I've raised myself slightly above the rest of the pack and I want everyone to know it' emanating from the male 911 driver.

Talk about over-compensating.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'd take any of those over a Nissan.
    So..... not a fan of Nissan then?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    If you're comparing with second hand cars for 65k you could have your pick of Ferrari 575 or 360, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston DB9, etc., etc.
    I'd take any of those over a Nissan.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Passat

milan

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    If you're comparing with second hand cars for 65k you could have your pick of Ferrari 575 or 360, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston DB9, etc., etc.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    If the Nissan costs £65K new in the UK with some options added, you could have a 2008 911 Turbo with the sport pack giving 450 bhp.

I know what I'd rather have.
    The new vs old comparison is pointless.

The new GTR is a hot new car, and not many people have one: if you drive one you will stand out. In a few years time however the GTR will be verging on chav territory. It won't be the fastest thing round the 'ring any more and most examples will be heavily molested with tinted windows, chrome alloys and lurid decals. in 2014 Basingstoke Burger King car park will be its favoured stomping ground.

The 911 will still be a good car though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
    yeah but if you going for second hand, you can probably get a 2008 GTR for 40k or less.
    Each to their own.

I would rather own the 2nd hand Porsche 911 Turbo all specced up than a new Nissan.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    If the Nissan costs £65K new in the UK with some options added, you could have a 2008 911 Turbo with the sport pack giving 450 bhp.

yeah but if you going for second hand, you can probably get a 2008 GTR for 40k or less.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    1: It can lap the nurburgring as fast as it likes but it will ALWAYS!!! be a nissan and all that's associated with that.

2: It's no a Porsche.

3: End of thread
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring_lap_times Now that is a thrashing!

You mean Porsche that's now owned by Volkswagon (The Peoples Car).

"The Nissan VQ engines, of V6 configuration, have featured among Ward's 10 Best Engines for 14 straight years, since the award's inception."

"Nissan is among the top three Asian (also known as the Japanese Big 3 Automakers) rivals of the "Big Three" in the U.S. Currently it is the third largest Japanese car manufacturer"

face it - as the sun sets on the era of European/US domination and the era of the Asian Global Super-power gets underway, Nissan are already kicking Porsches, sorry, VWs ass.

Porsche 911 = FAIL

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Here in Australasia where Jap cars are the norm over European cars telling everyone you spent $150k on a GTR at the pub will most likely get you pats on the back and the odd jealous comment.

Lamborghini are just developing their fastest car ever and on the Nurburgring ring it does (I read this somewhere and now can't find it) around 10 second slower than the GTR.

The GTR is a true supercar. I've had two Nissan Skylines (basis for old GTR) and the last GT I had was an awesome car for performance, handling and build quality.

Just a shame my now ex-wife threw it off a cliff and totally destroyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Thats Ok - you will need to stop every hour to fill up with fuel
    It isn't that bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X