• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    That's okay then.
    Phew. I thought it was just me!

However, I don't agree with the "Remember, no one's out to get you... except yourself" bit; there are PLENTY of people out to get me.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I did one personality test online that told me I was "very high" on borderline, schizoid, schizotypal, and avoidant. And I also had moderate narcissistic traits.

I realised it was time to stop doing online tests, especially when hungover.

Questions that say things like "you ever heard voices" I think are a bit relative.. haven't most people heard voices at least once? Or maybe that's just me that thinks that

Comment

Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
        I did one personality test online that told me I was "very high" on borderline, schizoid, schizotypal, and avoidant. And I also had moderate narcissistic traits.

I realised it was time to stop doing online tests, especially when hungover.

Questions that say things like "you ever heard voices" I think are a bit relative.. haven't most people heard voices at least once? Or maybe that's just me that thinks that :ohwell
        Yes

Next
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Those questions were so obvious. Anyone who ticks just a few box would surely already know they had some serious issues. The future prediction one is probably the only question that a yes to would not be indicative of some issue, unless of course people really are out to get you which would mean 2 ticks okay

HAB, get a grip

I did the jellybean test:

'Sweet yet strong, you have a distinct personality without being a weirdo. You're the most normal of all flavors - but you're never boring.'

Must admit that is probably quite acurate
          Last edited by SuperZ; 21 February 2010, 13:06.

Comment

Yellow.

You are bright, vibrant, and cheerful. Your energy can take over a room.
            You look on the sunny side of life. You are able to avoid stress, anxiety, and burnout

I think I took the wrong test, but far more interesting (c:

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              Those questions were so obvious. Anyone who ticks just a few box would surely already know they had some serious issues. The future prediction one is probably the only question that a yes to would not be indicative of some issue, unless of course people really are out to get you which would mean 2 ticks okay
              I had to tick the future prediction one - it's me living, or partly anyway! I don't mean 'Flash forward' stuff, but I do financial analysis and I'm a speckulant.

As to 'they' are out to get me. Well there is AtW, Hector, ........

Skip a shower, etc - that 's because I'm living all alone at the moment and I'm a lazy fraker.

You are often withdrawn and don't talk much. - see above.

You are clumsy and uncoordinated. / You have lost interest in life. - It's called 'getting old'.

And so on. < mode id="sensible">My point being that these tests, not only the popular ones but the professional ones too, are all worthless. Answers can be given that support a diagnosis of paranoia, etc that have rational reasons behind them. Not only are they worthless, they are dangerous as they can, and often are, abused.< /mode>
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I had to tick the future prediction one - it's me living, or partly anyway! I don't mean 'Flash forward' stuff, but I do financial analysis and I'm a speckulant.

As to 'they' are out to get me. Well there is AtW, Hector, ........

..........>
                Yeah, I know how easy it can be to select yes to other options. For example, the withdrawn question, occassionally I can feel like that (single, work from home), but not what I consider often, so I didn't tick , but could have .

Oh, must now go and have a shower so another answer isn't true either .

And yep, they are indeed dangerous tests.
                Last edited by SuperZ; 21 February 2010, 13:46.

Comment

And so on. < mode id="sensible">My point being that these tests, not only the popular ones but the professional ones too, are all worthless. Answers can be given that support a diagnosis of paranoia, etc that have rational reasons behind them. Not only are they worthless, they are dangerous as they can, and often are, abused.< /mode>
                  I think you can lump tests for symptoms of ADHD into the aforementioned.
                  I think someone on here got it spot on, that ADHD is another word for spoilt, overindulged, brats.
                  Parents want an excuse for why their child behaves the way it does, well they only have to blame themselves. They have allowed their child to behave like that.

Which is why i'm often shocked when some friends have well mannered children who are nicely behaved.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I had to tick the future prediction one
                    I used to read Tarot (quite well actually) but I still didn't tick the box

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I think you can lump tests for symptoms of ADHD into the aforementioned.
                      I think someone on here got it spot on, that ADHD is another word for spoilt, overindulged, brats.
                      Parents want an excuse for why their child behaves the way it does, well they only have to blame themselves. They have allowed their child to behave like that.
                      I think ADHD is a real condition, but the frequency of diagnosis is totally out of proportion to the actual incidence thereof.

I believe rates of diagnosis are much higher among middle-class Americans than other social groups. Interestingly, these are the ones whose medical insurance can pay for the expensive medication used to control the "condition".

EDIT: a quick Google throws up the following:
                      The per capita consumption of methylphenidate in the United States between 2003 and 2005 was approximately six times greater than that of Australia, eight times greater than that of Spain, and 18 times greater than that of Chile (3). If the prevalence of hyperactive symptoms is indeed similar among these countries, this probably means that a "hyperactivity disorder" deserving treatment in one country is seen by parents and physicians as a nonmedical condition (perhaps at the higher end of the "childhood activity spectrum") elsewhere.

- letter to The American Journal of Psychiatry
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 21 February 2010, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X