• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agency question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a similar note - I've got an offer through an agency I've never heard of / dealt with before. It seems fairly small. The client is a big, respectable company, but the agency is pretty set on monthly payments in arrears.

They say they can't do weekly because "the client pays us monthly", which sounds off alarm bells in my head, especially given the client is quite large. Would I be right in saying I'd be mad to go monthly? They're holding out on me, apparently weekly has to 'go through the agency director'. I'm tempted to split the difference and ask for twice monthly, but I'm not sure about exposing myself to 4 weeks unpaid work. This would be my first contract job after working permie for a while, so just wanted to double check my logic here.

Comment

Working...
    X