• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you brew beer to 41%?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Is that how they make those "Ice" beers that are popular in yankee land?
    Yep. The longer you leave it in the freezer the stronger it gets.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Yep. The longer you leave it in the freezer the stronger it gets.
      Need a bigger freezer .
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Freezing is just another form of distillation process, just not using evaporation and condensation, I doubt there's a yeast that can survive at anything like 30% alcohol so 40+% brewed wouldn't be possible.
        I suppose with some genetic engineering it might be possible, but alcohol is a very effective poison so I doubt it.

Fortified drinks are typically brewed or wine fermented then a strong spirit is added in suitable proportion. Port for instance is a strong red wine with brandy added.

Comment

My question was going to be "Why......."

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Why not? It gets one over on the Germans after all...

I might buy some for the next stag do I go on...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why go to all the trouble to make something tulip.... when there are plenty of drinkable things already.....

I always laugh at the numpties at Beer Fests.... "Gimme a Pint of Baz's Bonce Blower" (substitute any undrinkable "Strongest Beer in the World")

These beers ALWAYS taste tulipe and make you puke

Comment

These beers ALWAYS taste tulipe and make you puke
                Apparently, you're supposed to share the bottle around with your mates - one shot each...

Comment

I picked a hell of a week to give up drinking...

name that film

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Because to do it with heat like they do for whiskey needs a license but to do it with cold does not
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X