• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Browns daughter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Oh for a robot leader with no charisma, just rational policies.
    John Major - 2 out of 3

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Is there no depth this twunt won't sink to?? Recounting his 10 day old daughters death which happened 8 years ago in order to appeal to the stupid bleeding heart public is as low as it gets
      ...Or am I being a bit harsh?
      No, you're right. I saw a few seconds of it last night (?) on TV, with the camera focussed on Sarah, quietly blubbering.

Sick and cynical.

Anyway, doesn't everyone know he only married her so as to be able to appear to be a 'family man' not a raving gaylord ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Yes, it happened to me.
        Well then you, above anyone else, should appreciate the quiet dignity that most people , who have suffered this type of tradegy, display in public.

GB has gone beyond the pale
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          No, you're right. I saw a few seconds of it last night (?) on TV, with the camera focussed on Sarah, quietly blubbering.

Sick and cynical.

Anyway, doesn't everyone know he only married her so as to be able to appear to be a 'family man' not a raving gaylord ?
          I haven't seen it, but I gather she briefly peeps aside two or three times to check the camera is still on her.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I haven't seen it, but I gather she briefly peeps aside two or three times to check the camera is still on her.

She certainly does made it seem all the more staged and cynical.

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel of the lowest order.

Lets hope the voters who matter wake up and take note of the cynical ploy.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

As a parent I would not like to endure what they went through, but I don't recall this being spoken about in the previous campaign. Why now? Looks like a cynical vote grabbing tactic to me and one that really is very low.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Don't think anyone is saying they faked the emotion but we can imagine the party discussions that led to this with, I think, fair accuracy.

The party advisors telling Brownstuff that a big problem for the election is his perceived dourness and lack of human warmth, telling him he should open up and not rule out answering any questions. however personal. He would have known what that might lead to and went along with it for political advantage.

Most of us have been through personal tragedies of some sort and one can understand that people may reveal such things to strangers because it overwhelms them and they need to talk to someone but most don't spill their hearts out in public, years after the event when it is no longer uppermost in their minds, for their personal advancement.

He is an utter scumbag.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Why didn't they ask him about the rumours that he used to take it up the @rse? Id' have watched that.

PPS That's how he damaged his eye you know. Banged his head while engaged in frantic b*ggery in the communal rugby bath.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This pic of Gordon Brown, taken a day or two ago, reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place him.

Then it struck me - Gabriel Byrne playing Satan in "End of Days". How appropriate
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      This pic of Gordon Brown, taken a day or two ago, reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place him.

Then it struck me - Gabriel Byrne playing Satan in "End of Days". How appropriate
                      Nah. Frankie Howerd after he's just come off stage as the pantomime dame and taken off his make-up, but before he's got drunk enough to roger the stagehand's son.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X