• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to emigrate. But where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarkers,

if you are interested in CZ, pm me and I will give you all the info/help I can.

Naturally, it wouldn't be right or correct to put everything in the public domain and have the rabble over here spoiling the party.

The rabble should stick to Spain, France - Dordogne, Brittany, Belgium, Germany etc

For property, you can begin with:

www.reality.cz

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

buying a boat, that's a good one,

I have it on good authority the two happiest days of boat ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You don't need any extra resources to work anywhere in the EC. In Germany you probably need rather less than here, as the cost of living is cheaper.
        Agreed. Despite the taxes at typical EU levels, Germany’s got a lot going for it. Around Trier or Koln there are nice houses for sale at a lot less than 200k euros and there’s work in the cities. Countryside’s very spacious and quiet, excellent and very affordable wines around Rhine and Mosel, going out to eat’s affordable compared to other European countries, healthcare, education and public transport very good etc.

It's not surprising that Germany's politics are quite stable with very little extremism; people are basically satisfied.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

what about Belgium Luxembourg etc

I have to agree though Germany is a great country to live in, it has everything, so many laughed for so long at Germany, their loss.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            what about Belgium Luxembourg etc

I have to agree though Germany is a great country to live in, it has everything, so many laughed for so long at Germany, their loss.

Milan.
            They even seem to like the Brits, which is unusual these days.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Tarkers,

if you are interested in CZ, pm me and I will give you all the info/help I can.

Naturally, it wouldn't be right or correct to put everything in the public domain and have the rabble over here spoiling the party.

The rabble should stick to Spain, France - Dordogne, Brittany, Belgium, Germany etc

For property, you can begin with:

www.reality.cz

All the best,

Milan.
              Thanks

OK, I'll leave off this one. No, actually Germany is probably on the cards because of my partner's ability to speak the language. Otherwise I might well. I liked the place when I visited, admittedly a while ago when it wasn't quite so (deservedly) overrun with tourists. I stayed near Sedlčany and just did a few day trips to Prague and other places. I liked the countryside and found the people most welcoming, and the beer outstanding of course.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                It's not surprising that Germany's politics are quite stable with very little extremism; people are basically satisfied.
                Except the old ladies. They are exceedingly uptight. Probably because they aren't getting any.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

the beauty of living in CZ/DE/A/CH etc is the:

proximity to countryside/mountains

the mediterranean is driveable

within 3 hrs in any direction you can be in a different, country, language, culture, architecture, cuisine

cost of living, value for money

surprisingly, essentials are relatively speaking cheap in cz, diary products, meat etc, but branded goods are not cheap, and we go a couple of times a year to a favourity cities in Germany for weekends away and shopping

who can beat German white wines, rhein, mosel etc and the south of Freidrichshaven wine region over to alsace

plenty of work

fantastico

for the rest of you, stick to the UK and .Net

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    I'm looking for a country that is civilised and peaceful, prosperous with a low tax rate due to lack of waste and corruption, with a good health service, stable currency, healthy economy, attractive scenery, affordable housing, friendly and educated people.

And will let me in.
                    Not again. Surely this could be attached on to one of the umpteen threads that have gone on about this. However, India does seem to fit the bill.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      Not again. Surely this could be attached on to one of the umpteen threads that have gone on about this. However, India does seem to fit the bill.
                      Again, yes. Because I can't believe that it's not what everybody wants. So why don't we have it?

Edit: you're Canadian, IIRC? Well, maybe you got it. How did you work that?
                      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                      X