• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need new Laptop - Advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    I bought a Lenovo for £300-400 2-3 years ago, used daily at client sites or home office and its been faultless.

What do you need ?

15.4" monitor, dual core processor, 2gb RAM, 320Gb+ hard disc, DVD and Windows XP. Then put Office and whatever development tools on you may need.

I may plug in an external monitor, usb keyboard and mouse if I'm on a site for a few months. I plug is my 3G dongle to get tinter-web and remote access to client network.

what more do you need ?
    WHS
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      what happened to xp anyone know where to get a laptop with xp these days
      Staples - the stationers.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        That'll be right..... Mrs D is already "suggesting" that the two tower systems - take up far too much space..... apparently we could use the dining room for eating if we got rid of them..... and if I got another Mac for "her" (I mean to carry out her secretarial and admin duties for MyCo- obviously) we could clear it out (the Diningroom/MyCo Office) and redecorate.......

All I wanted was a simple Laptop to do a bit of work on and watch DVDs while sitting in Hotels and its going to cost me a bloody fortune.....
        I hear your pain. Went shopping with the Missus on Saturday and found ourselves in House of Fraser. She suggests that I need a new pair of sunglasses, which I readily agreed to, as I broke my last pair. Then she points out the 30% discount on a second pair. Ten minutes later, I leave the pair having spent £120 on my sunglasses and £200 on her's....

Comment

Working...
        X