• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need new Laptop - Advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spice things up and get a macbook.

Comment

As this is in General then I shall give a complete none answer.. get a pen and pad of paper just like the old days. If this was in Technical I will give a far more sensible answer..

HTH

Chef
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

What kind of laptop? A dinky netbook or a kick-ass game playing super laptop? Or something in between?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          spice things up and get a macbook.
          Went out with Mrs D..... Ooooooooo Aaaaaaaaaah!!! Get a Mac, Get a Mac................. I will have it when you don't need it.....

Under the thumb? Me?

I got a Mac.........

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Went out with Mrs D..... Ooooooooo Aaaaaaaaaah!!! Get a Mac, Get a Mac................. I will have it when you don't need it.....

Under the thumb? Me?

I got a Mac.........
            oh dear, a sheepbook, good luck with that!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              oh dear, a sheetbook, good luck with that!
              FTFY!

Comment

Better than a dell. By about 25000%*

*maybe a bit less.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Under the thumb? Me?

I got a Mac.........
                  heh hey! fitzy persuaded me and now i'm passing it on. some of it will be a challenge but mostly you'll not look back. you can always partition it and put windows on it if you really need to.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    heh hey! fitzy persuaded me and now i'm passing it on. some of it will be a challenge but mostly you'll not look back. you can always partition it and put windows on it if you really need to.
                    VMWare Fusion.......

Comment

I got a £299 compaq presario thing from pcworld when I started freelancing 2 years ago.

15-16 inch wides screen, which is pretty good, had 2 Gb of RAM and a DVD writer, runs most things ok, wifi always works fine, good to watch DVDs on when away from home, still going strong. Been bashed about a little bit in travelling, so not too fragile.

Speed is ok, it doesn't look too flashy and it works well. When it comes time to replace this one, I plan to go and get another relatively basic compaq again.

Comment

Working...
                      X