• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- my audio collection is very eclectic and so I'm open to all suggestions for whatever people think is a great album to listen to while driving

- audio books are a great idea, i'll look into them, cheers for the tip

- the trip is Cologne to Manchester and back via eurotunnel to pick up items that I miss and can't wait until the removal men ship it all over mid year ish and/or are too bulky/heavy to fly over and post back, i.e lcd tv, main media center pc, books, cd's, certain pans & cookware etc.

- I figure it'll all fit into a decent sized estate car and I love going for long drives/road trips so it'll be good fun

- I'm planning on going in 2 weeks time but as next weekend is Cologne carnival I want to get music sorted this weekend
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

top tip

turn it off when you you go through the tunnel, then you can pretend its on the radio

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        top tip

turn it off when you you go through the tunnel, then you can pretend its on the radio

Comment

I got my kids a DVD player for use in the car on long journeys. Most annoying when they're watching Red Dwarf, and I'm having to drive...

I prefer radio plays and productions to talking books.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Be very careful with any kind of comedy. Uncontrollable laughter can be exceedingly dangerous at speed.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Whatever you do the following songs need to be included at some point.

Radar Love - Golden Earring. 'Nuff Said.

Born to be Wild - The Cult ( ok, it's a cover but I prefer it to the Steppenwolf original )

Two Tribes - Frankie Goes to Hollywood. ( Dont believe me? Put it on, crank it up and let it go )

Yello - Oh Yeah.

Drive - The Cars.

The Passenger - Iggy Pop.

Stepping Out - Joe Jackson.

Immigrant song - Led Zepplin.
              Last edited by DaveB; 5 February 2010, 11:17.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BenchMaster View Post
                Candy O
                Panorama
                Shake It Up
                Heartbeat City
                Door To Door

ahh i see what you did there.. took me a while

Comment

autobahn by kraftwerk
                  Last edited by DS23; 5 February 2010, 13:01. Reason: h

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    I always listen to Rammstein when I'm driving

Or how about a talking book?
                    I saw them Wednesday night, excellent live.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Last year whilst listening to a French CD in France I missed a motorway junction and drove 100 miles in the wrong direction before I realised.

So don't do that.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X