• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I wont vote Tory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Sorry chaps, I posted that under wrong login.
    No one believes you have the intellect to have made that post.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I keep saying - the cake is too small.
      In another generation we'll be like Greece or Spain except without the family support that those countries have.
      It all started with Thatcher who declared society dead, the individual and the free market supreme. Her intellectual heirs who included such unlikely bed-fellows as the Republican party and Blair and Brown's New Labour took that philosophy to its logical extreme, hence an economic collapse born of greed and hubris.
      When this country learns that in the modern world there needs to be some form of consensus between the different stakeholders in society (what traditional Tories used to call one-nation conservatism) then there will be no hope.
      Until that time, emigration seems to me the only option left if you want to avoid the dreary economic years ahead.
      Emigrate to where exactly? Greece? property will be cheap at least.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Emigrate to where exactly? Greece? property will be cheap at least.
        Looking at Far East, while I'm still working
        Maybe somewhere like Greece for retirement.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

If Thai ladyboys are your cup of tea then fine.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Wait until the drachma's devalued a couple of times before moving any money there.

Comment

Working...
            X