• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which city is it? That might make all the difference? If it is Manchester you want to turn everything down until someone offers you something there and take it... whatever the rate

Delaying A for say a week wouldn't be a killer, explain to B your under a serious time constraint. See if you can get something from that. I did that and they interviewed me at B less than 2 days later.

If not then as most say take A. This isn't really the best time to be gambling with gigs imo.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Which city is it? That might make all the difference? If it is Manchester you want to turn everything down until someone offers you something there and take it... whatever the rate

Delaying A for say a week wouldn't be a killer, explain to B your under a serious time constraint. See if you can get something from that. I did that and they interviewed me at B less than 2 days later.

If not then as most say take A. This isn't really the best time to be gambling with gigs imo.
      WHS - That's a good option... (and as someone said previously, it will take a few days for B&C/QDOS to review Client A's contract...)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I refer the honourable guinea pig to the answer I gave a few moments ago:
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...te-urgent.html

Comment

Fix up the interview for B. You haven't signed anything with A yet, and they may put off the start date again.
          If A come across with the contract (and a firm start date) in the meantime I think you have to go with them.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Nothing more useful to add than these lot, except yay, well done!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
                OI!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  OI!
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                  X