• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Times ahead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proportionally the biggest mass migration into England was the Huguenots in the seventeenth century so you can blame King Charles II for opening the floodgates .....

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Proportionally the biggest mass migration into England was the Huguenots in the seventeenth century so you can blame King Charles II for opening the floodgates .....
      Yer but, noo but, Hactually I think you'll find some bloke called Norman did a conkwest in 1066 or sumink or nuffink.

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Yer but, noo but, Hactually I think you'll find some bloke called Norman did a conkwest in 1066 or sumink or nuffink.

HTH
        Eye see your point

subtle innit

IGMC
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

.. Outside was a young lad in the smoking quarter waxing lyrical about "reclaiming England"

On speaking to him, he frequently interupted with his 'manifesto'. His argument seemed largley around 'not being afraid to be English'.

:::

Is this indicative of the times ahead?
          Yup. Sounds just like Adolf Hitler doing the same as a young man in Viennese coffee shops in the early 1920s.

Most people are keen to conform, and love to feel their views are in step with the majority. For now, liberals in places like the BBC and teachers in classroom can just about hold the line in claiming that extreme views are a minority.

But those liberals would be stupid to forget that a consensus can change like the weather, if conditions dictate, and most people aren't brave enough or in many cases satisfied enough with the status quo to resist a change even to extreme views, especially as it doesn't all happen at once and each step seems eminently sensible.

An awful lot of young people these days are getting very fed up and disillusioned at being unable to afford a house large enough to bring up a family, or even to find a job, and much of the reason for that is excessive immigration over the last ten years.

Look at how pissed off the public is with MPs expenses. But that's a trifling issue compared with Labour's deliberate gerrymandering policy of letting foreigners in literally by the million solely for their votes, and screwing up the prospects of millions of young people (indigenous and former immigrants) in the process. I'd hate to be around when the penny finally drops.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Perhaps the BBC and liberals are right, according to the National Association of Muslim Police the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is not from Islamist terrorists but from right wing white supremacist terrorists like the BNP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

It could be the young man in Suityou's pub could pose a bigger threat to Britain than either Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post

Perhaps the BBC and liberals are right, according to the National Association of Muslim Police the biggest terrorist threat in the UK is not from Islamist terrorists but from right wing white supremacist terrorists like the BNP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-attacks.html

It could be the young man in Suityou's pub could pose a bigger threat to Britain than either Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler.
              It doesn't matter who is right, only who the majority of people think is right.

That was my point.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X