• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Upon Us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Lockhouse, where is the most demands, like:

British cars from the 30's

American cars from the 50s

British cars from the 50s/60s/70s/80s ?

Thinking from the IT perspective would it be good to have three cars, redundency ?

What does it cost to hire such a vehicle for a wedding and what is the general hire period, eg, a typical wedding needs the car for 1.5hrs plus there is travelling time to the wedding, can you charge for travelling to the wedding and how many weddings can you get in per day ?

will it be only weddings or anyone can hire a chauffeur driveen yank tank from the 50s ?

Milan.
    Whatever sort of cars you use there are plenty of wedding car companies so you need a USP. Without wanting to go into too much detail we think we have one. Certainly the cars we use are distinctive and look the part.

You need a local council licence for anything other than weddings plus a PSV driver's licence and operator's licence etc and that all costs money.

It would be nice to have a dozen cars but 3-4 is the optimum number for the way we want to work.

We only do one wedding a day - cost is dependent upon where the wedding is but it's not cheap. Sometimes we need to trailer the car most of the way - it's much more cost effective to put the miles on the truck.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I like to call that 'SA chicken'. That's living on the edge, that is.

Now I'll be doing the 'I feel like chicken tonight' song and dance while I'm filling it in.

[HMRC, that's my official excuse so write it down in case I cock up a few decimal places. ]
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Good luck, glad to hear you're not clogging the streets with yet another ghastly stretch Hummer.
        Cheers. That's exactly how I feel about those Hummers as well.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Studying...

Getting ready for my first day at on a new 4 month contract - Monday...

I might take my R/C plane out for a spin if t'weather's good...

Snuggles wiv the missus - she's been away

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Exciting weekend for me - I've just started a wedding\prom car business as one of a few plan B's and it's our first Wedding Fair on Sunday. We've got a stand there and are supposed to be showing one of our cars as well but it's touch and go whether it's going to be finished in time. The car has been in the garage for 4 months being restored and is 99% finished. I'm doing some running about today to pick up bits to complete it in between doing some proper work. The mechanics are on standby but it all depends on whether other people have done what they've promised....I'll know by lunchtime....
            Good Luck!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Lockhouse,

all the best of luck with it

Milan.

Comment

buying and selling cars

Comment

In a moment of madness I arranged to attend a conference tomorrow, so Sunday will be spent catching up with the family, fixing a leaky roof, finishing replacing some loft boards, and trying to figure out why my car won't start.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

study study study then study a nice man as we walk in the woods, hoping it isn't raining...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      In a moment of madness I arranged to attend a conference tomorrow,
                      Flip me, that looks frightening.

Comment

Working...
                      X