• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Upon Us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Lockhouse, that sounds interesting.

What cars do you have ?

this weekend, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon Benes family will hit the slopes again like the last few weekends, there is a village 15minutes from us with 700m ski slope and cannons for when it's not snowing and they have a pister, the youngest (2.5) has started skiing this season so we'll all be on the slopes

Milan.
    We plan to only run 1950's American cars. We have a 1952 Buick Straight Eight at the moment. She's being joined by another American 1950's sedan in March and we will run with two cars all summer and see how we get on. If it goes well the plan is to bump it up to 4 cars over the next couple of years - hopefully including a convertible but they are megabucks.
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 29 January 2010, 09:42.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
      Actually I have a dilemma. I will be working for the Indian outsourcer and, unless they are a "higher up", they can't afford a more formal style of dress. However, I will be on site with my ex colleagues who do dress more formally. Since I'm to be the liaison between the two, do I go casual or formal?
      Stay suited and booted, if that's how you normally do things.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        We plan to only run 1950's American cars. We have a 1952 Buick Straight Eight at the moment. It's being joined by another American 1950's sedan in March and we will run with two cars all summer and see how we get on. If it goes well the plan is to bump it up to 4 cars over the next couple of years - hopefully including a convertible but they are megabucks.
        Sounds pretty, can I hire one to drive round in though I am not getting married?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Sounds pretty, can I hire one to drive round in though I am not getting married?
          She's beautiful. But then I'm biased. You can only hire her if I drive - I had to take my taxi test to get licensed.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working, as every other weekend.

Since I am too late and Thatcher isn't around I actually have to earn money to buy the house

Comment

We plan to only run 1950's American cars. We have a 1952 Buick Straight Eight at the moment. She's being joined by another American 1950's sedan in March and we will run with two cars all summer and see how we get on. If it goes well the plan is to bump it up to 4 cars over the next couple of years - hopefully including a convertible but they are megabucks.

Lockhouse, where is the most demands, like:

British cars from the 30's

American cars from the 50s

British cars from the 50s/60s/70s/80s ?

Thinking from the IT perspective would it be good to have three cars, redundency ?

What does it cost to hire such a vehicle for a wedding and what is the general hire period, eg, a typical wedding needs the car for 1.5hrs plus there is travelling time to the wedding, can you charge for travelling to the wedding and how many weddings can you get in per day ?

will it be only weddings or anyone can hire a chauffeur driveen yank tank from the 50s ?

Milan.

Comment

We plan to only run 1950's American cars. We have a 1952 Buick Straight Eight at the moment. It's being joined by another American 1950's sedan in March and we will run with two cars all summer and see how we get on. If it goes well the plan is to bump it up to 4 cars over the next couple of years - hopefully including a convertible but they are megabucks.
                But will also earn megabucks no doubt, all the summer brides will want to be seen.

Good luck, glad to hear you're not clogging the streets with yet another ghastly stretch Hummer.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Quiet night in with Mrs PL tonight.

Few friends over tomorrow for dinner, drinkies and games.

Comment

Right, my weekend starts now. I'm off down the river to get wet and cold.

Comment

Saturday - MrsF's birthday. Take girls to ballet, get food shopping, out for lunch with her mum and sister. Relaxing afternoon as family entertain the children.

Sunday - watch Federer thrash Murray in the final. No other plans.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X