• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad will fail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we'll probably get one to have around the house - surfing on the couch or whatever. Its only a few hundred quid...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      My 1st gen iphone is never used now since it was replaced with a 3GS.

It's sits in it's holder on the shelf to it's self in the office - it's was an iconic achievement in mobile technology and continues to be so, I'm sure a iPad will join it in the years to come
      You didn't think business was about making something that people would actually use, did you?

Pah, no wonder you're only a contractor! :O)

So it has actually achieved the ultimate in form over function then?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Just place a big magnifying glass in front of your iPhone. Sorted.

In fact that's going to be the biggest selling iPhone device now. Wish I'd patented it before I wrote this.

A big magnifying glass is what you'll need to see the MS share price after this widget flies off the shelves - oh yeah
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          So it has actually achieved the ultimate in form over function then?
          Form is not what attracts, innovation does that all by itself until the next best thing...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Form is not what attracts, innovation does that all by itself until the next best thing...
            What's innovative about a tablet?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              or a phone that plays MP3s
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sounds incredibly tulipe, and only the most tragic of fanboys or idiots would bother buying one.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5458382/8-thing...about-the-ipad

My god, am I underwhelmed by the iPad. This is as inessential a product as I've ever seen, but beyond that, it has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make me judge anyone who buys one.

Big, Ugly Bezel

Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking

This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras

No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard

So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI/HD Video Out

Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad

Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash

No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters

So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

Comment

Nice quote "call me". Just because one muppet on a forum doesn't see a need, it doesn't mean 75 Million people aren't going to buy one.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A big magnifying glass is what you'll need to see the MS share price after this widget flies off the shelves - oh yeah

I'm sure the MS share holders are really worried!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                      They could put that OS on a football, it would sell.

If you can bring yourself watch this and you'll see

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 27 January 2010, 21:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X