• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iProfile (I know, yet again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About iProfile

Hi guys,

I work at iProfile and wanted to clear up some confusion over the iProfile and the safety of your information.

1) Our website has not been hacked.
    In fact we take CV ID fraud extremely seriously and we believe the confusion over this probably stems back to a campaign we ran last year to raise awareness of CV ID fraud. The campaign, which was supported by the Metropolitan Police and the Information Assurance Advisory Council (IAAC), was covered by leading broadcasters such as the BBC and CNN. It highlighted the risk of placing your CV with all your personal details (such as date of birth, address etc.) on the web. If you go to www.denisatlas.co.uk you can find out more about our campaign and the recommendations we make on ways to keep your data safe online.

2) The iProfile is designed to give you more control over your CV data
    Whenever you send a CV in response to a job advert or direct to an agency, they will generally store a copy of your CV on their database on the premise that when they have a job suitable for you they can then contact you. This means your CV may be on a number of different agencies’ databases without you even knowing about it. iProfile compatible agencies are changing this by informing you when they have a copy of your CV stored on their database. iProfile.org provides you with a central place to keep track of who you have sent your CV to and also enables you to easily manage your agency subscriptions.

We're always keen to hear your feedback on ways in which we can improve our website. Please feel free to email us direct on [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

They obviously wondered why there was a mass deletion of profiles on the 27th!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Louise1 View Post
        Whenever you send a CV in response to a job advert or direct to an agency, they will generally store a copy of your CV on their database on the premise that when they have a job suitable for you they can then contact you. This means your CV may be on a number of different agencies’ databases without you even knowing about it. iProfile compatible agencies are changing this by informing you when they have a copy of your CV stored on their database. iProfile.org provides you with a central place to keep track of who you have sent your CV to and also enables you to easily manage your agency subscriptions.

We're always keen to hear your feedback on ways in which we can improve our website. Please feel free to email us direct on [email protected]

Thanks
        It is good that "iProfile compatible agencies" inform a contractor when they have a copy of his CV stored on the database (if indeed they amways do). My OP made fun of the fact that I was informed that "I" had stored my CV on iProfile, when I had not, someone else did it without mentioning it to me first; and made fun of the fact that the CV mentioned was in fact empty. Someone seems to have gone through the motions without any content.

But since you mention it, iProfile does not,as you suggest, make it easy for me to keep track of whom I have sent my CV to and to "manage my agency subscriptions", because:

1) I keep my own note of whom I have sent my CV to, and many of those do not use iProfile.
        2) I do not have "agency subscriptions", whatever they are.
        3) I am not interested in fitting with the iProfile business model, it does not seem to bring me anything. If I send my CV to an agency and they choose iProfile as a place to store it, that is up to them, provided that they adhere to data protection standards. It is nothing to do with my processes. But if they store an incorrect version of my CV, and other people can see that, then I object to this.

BTW, I did entitle this thread "iProfile (I know, yet again)". "Again" because there are many threads on CUK about iProfile. ISTM that they are universally critical, sometimes very critical. One might ask oneself why this is?
        Last edited by Julius Caesar; 3 February 2010, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius Caesar View Post
          One might ask oneself why this is?
          cos it's tulipe innit?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Hi guys,

I work at iProfile and wanted to clear up some confusion over the iProfile and the safety of your information.

1) Our website has not been hacked.
            In fact we take CV ID fraud extremely seriously and we believe the confusion over this probably stems back to a campaign we ran last year to raise awareness of CV ID fraud.
            Then why do agencies who send you details to update your iProfile account they show your username and password in clear text in the e-mail?

This is from an e-mail sent by Elan:

Your Login

Username: [email protected]
            Password: open_text
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bump.

<INNOCENT>

Just in case youse missed this last night, I thought some might like to respond.

</INNOCENT>
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Bump.

<INNOCENT>

Just in case youse missed this last night, I thought some might like to respond.

</INNOCENT>
                Arse biscuits!

How's that for a response?

Comment

This is the main problem with iProfile, when I send my CV in response to job advert it is to that job, I do not want my CV published online. I would not have minded if you sent me a mail saying that somone had placed my CV there and it was up to me to activate it but that never happened, after months of pestering by crappy agents with crappy jobs one eventually told me that my CV was on iProfile which I had never heard of previously, I removed it and the calls stopped.

To put it mildly I was pretty pissed it was on there and becasue of that I will never use the product again and always put it down when it comes up on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Arse biscuits!

How's that for a response?
                    most excellent.

Comment

I just had an email saying that an agency has uploaded my CV to an iProfile account that I must have set up about 2002 and never since used, long since forgotten about. I want to edit the account but I have no idea what the password is. The password reclamation tool wants to send the password to an email address that has been defunct for probably over 6.5 years. I wonder if iProfile will answer my email asking them to let me in to edit "my" account? I'm actually pretty unhappy that an agency can post my details like that to a service over which I currently have no control without asking my permission first.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X