• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come the general election, I currently intend to vote..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Stop it! Now there are two people who voted Labour.

STOP IT!
    Maybe they’ve read Labour’s election pledges and fallen for Gordon’s superior oratory.

…and are hoping someone will loosen their straightjacket for an hour on polling day.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Because ideologically Tory governments are naturally laissez faire. They do not believe in the state controlling our lives and nor are they motivated by envy.

On the other hand they are believers in the capitalist system which means survival of the fittest.

Either way the poor are going to be poor but at least the Tories wont chop down the money trees that create the wealth. Historically the Tories are better than at managing money.
      Dodgy has drunk the Tory Kool-Aid.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

If you vote Labour you can bet you will see:

1. A big crackdown on small limited companies, more IR35 investigations, more people going to prison for not paying the amount of tax the government retrospectively decides you owe at a whim.

2. More meaningless and random red-tape, more reductions on civil liberties, more pointless laws and regulations, more fines and shorter prison sentences for violent offenders.

3. Complete absorption into the EU grey goo at huge cost.

4. More people on benefits, more people completely dependent on the state for their day to day living.

5. Hugely increased taxation across the board. I'm talking about a doubling in the tax take of people here.

6. A massive increase in the population of England through completely unmonitored and adhoc immigration to around 70m.

7. A complete speed camera network on all major roads and reduction in motorway speeds (to 50mph) in the name of CO2 reduction.

8. A very probable case of the UK going bankrupt through increased spending and borrowing.

If you can't see you have to vote Conservative to prevent the above, then you deserve all of the above and more for the next five years.

Comment

No-one should ever forget that during the summer, at a time everyone knew the annual deficit had risen to a testicle-squeezing £175 billion, the Labour party were still planning to "invest" even more and were attacking the Tories as the party of cuts. That sums up Labour's fiscal know-how.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Maybe they’ve read Labour’s election pledges and fallen for Gordon’s superior oratory.

…and are hoping someone will loosen their straightjacket for an hour on polling day.
            I think you will find that they vote for reasons other than competence and that they are rich and priviliged enough to not have to worry about the consequences.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

if given a choice of a Trabant or a Passat you are the type of negative fool who would buy neither on the basis that they are both crap cars and then suffer the consequences of not being able to drive anywhere
              But those aren't the choices. There are more options than just the two parties. So that analogy does not work. And having a Trabant or Passat may be preferable to no car and again that analogy does not work as some feel neither of the two big parties are what they want.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You know I was always a great advocate of reading the manifesto and then making my decision.

I have just realised that I am an habitual labour voter now.

I recind my intention to vote labour.

I will read the manifesto and see which party offers the best options for my family and our ethics.

HTH
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I wish the Tories would make it easier for me to vote for them, just 27 signatures on the IR35 EDM was a poor show, the Lib dems had 56, even Labour had 24.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Take your trousers down and bend over
                    Works every time.

That is how to chat up an agent. I am constantly employed

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      If you vote Labour you can bet you will see:

1. A big crackdown on small limited companies, more IR35 investigations, more people going to prison for not paying the amount of tax the government retrospectively decides you owe at a whim.

2. More meaningless and random red-tape, more reductions on civil liberties, more pointless laws and regulations, more fines and shorter prison sentences for violent offenders.

3. Complete absorption into the EU grey goo at huge cost.

4. More people on benefits, more people completely dependent on the state for their day to day living.

5. Hugely increased taxation across the board. I'm talking about a doubling in the tax take of people here.

6. A massive increase in the population of England through completely unmonitored and adhoc immigration to around 70m.

7. A complete speed camera network on all major roads and reduction in motorway speeds (to 50mph) in the name of CO2 reduction.

8. A very probable case of the UK going bankrupt through increased spending and borrowing.

If you can't see you have to vote Conservative to prevent the above, then you deserve all of the above and more for the next five years.

Where does it say this won't happen under any other party being discussed? They are all as bad as each other, one party fixs the stuff we are annoyed about only to p*ss us off with something else a couple of months down the line. What one had giveth, the other taketh away. I supposed those that can be bothered with it all can at least look forward to a year of satisfaction when gov't changes and then start a slow slide back in to dissatisfaction
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X