• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job advert of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Is it me or are technical guys getting paid more than the PM's these days?
    Yes, and it is the way it should be.

Managing by walking about? Yeah, it's called bunking off..
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        when are you expecting it to move the other way ?
        I am working the market very hard at the higher levels and there is very little out there. There should be stuff around at the moment given the time of year but so far only a couple of chancers looking for everything but paying nothing.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That's how it used to be. I remember 20 years ago my PM trying to get me to take his place, so that he could cut and run. Problem was, I couldn't afford the drop.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

I have noticed that some of the BA roles are now paying more than PM gigs in my market.

Though I am seeing an increase in "fixed term" roles for peanuts.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Wot people who do the work rather than the wind-bags?

Surely some mistake??

Now where's my flak-jacket...

(c:

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
                Now where's my flak-jacket...
                No need for it.

There's something like 50,000 people doing PRINCE2 every year, and every one thinks they're a project manager.

There's an awful lot of people applying for every PM role and why employ someone with a shedload of experience when you can have a keen 20-something with a year's experience of project involvement for £18k a year. Did I say £18k? Yes I did. There's PM work in London demanding PRINCE2 and paying under £25k and they're being filled easily enough.

What I'm finding scary is that when things pick up, these cheap buggers will have gained some actual real experience and I'll still be on the bloody bench.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Got one through today at £8ph, ok dodgy support role but that is frightening. Finding the market challenging but better than same time last year when it was tumbleweed Oct - Mar !

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Industry: IT
                    Type: Contract
                    Position: Business Analyst
                    Skills: Business Analyst Location: Nottingham Duration: 3 months Rate:
                    180 GBP Per Day Description: 1. Worked on couple of projects invovlving
                    cards realted products & services (eg Credit, Debit, Loyalty, Rewards
                    etc .) 2. Worked on couple of projects invovlving cards related
                    processes (eg Origination, Servicing, Special Servicing etc.) 3.
                    Awareness of cards industry specific regulatory enviornment and
                    standards
                    Start Date: ASAP!
                    Duration: 3 months+
                    Rate: £180 P Day
                    Advertiser: **** *****
                    Business Type: Company

Needless to say I binned straight after I copied.

If you pay peanuts... (Did I say 'hard-faced'???)
                    May be wrong, but I reckon this is Boots. Even Capital One and Experian don't pay that low?
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      BTW - it wasn't actually the day rate I was laughing at (we've all seen too many of that type).

But I think it's indicative...
                      Looks like a CV mixed up with a job advert to me.

(my keyboard was having trouble with "b" this morning - is there a catching virus about?)
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X