• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conspiracy theories - is it just me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You still get some cracking conspiracy theories - remember Iraq's WMD?s

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.

The American mind simply has not come to a realization of the evil which has been introduced into our midst.

It rejects even the assumption that human creatures could espouse a philosophy which must ultimately destroy all that is good and decent."

Edgar Hoover Director of FBI 1956

Comment

We giant lizards find the whole thing very amusing. There are people who'd have you believe that the UK is secretly run by a shadowy irascible figure from Kirkcaldy known as Gordon Doom or something. Bonkers.

Comment

I think if you look into this more carefully you will find that most conspiracy theories, apparently originating from cranks, are actually being pushed by a shadowy organisation bent on hiding and diverting attention away from the real conspiracy.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I think if you look into this more carefully you will find that most conspiracy theories, apparently originating from cranks, are actually being pushed by a shadowy organisation bent on hiding and diverting attention away from the real conspiracy.
          mmm. tell me xog,

do you own a biscuit tin?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Whatever you do, don't mention the fake gold bars.

or
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              how do you know ?
              I was told at the last meeting of the secret society.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                do you own a biscuit tin?
                I still want to know whether I should use a tin that was used for biscuits for cheese.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I was told at the last meeting of the secret society.
                  Homer, a man who called himself You-Know-Who just invited you to a secret wink-wink at the you-know-what. You certainly are popular now that you're a Stonecutter.

Who controls the British crown?
                  Who keeps the metric system down?
                  We do! We do.
                  Who leaves the Atlantis off the maps? [shot of Carl]
                  Who keeps the Martians under wraps? [shot of Lenny]
                  We do! We do. [shot of Martian]
                  Who holds back the electric car?
                  Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? [shot of Steve]
                  We do! We do.
                  Who robs cave fish of their sight? [shot of Skinner]
                  Who rigs every Oscar night? [shot of Homer]
                  We do! We do.
                  Last edited by Churchill; 21 January 2010, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I still want to know whether I should use a tin that was used for biscuits for cheese.
                    I doubt the original tin contents are material to the effectiveness.

Alternatively you could stick with the traditional option made from foil as it's been thoroughly tested over time.

Comment

Hurrah, someone answered.
                      Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      I doubt the original tin contents are material to the effectiveness.
                      Oh good.

You see, I wanted to know if I could protect myself from government mind-control by wearing a tin on my head that has printed on the outside:

CRACKERS

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X