• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a mans job. and here's why

There was this bird right, and she buys this flat pack wardrobe. When it's delivered, she assembles it , and stands back , proud as punch.
    As she is hanging clothes in it, a train goes by, and the wardrobe collapses in a heap.
    Mad as heck she rings the store and insists that she either she gets it fixed or she gets a refund.
    So an engineer comes around and assembles the wardrobe in ten minutes, just as he is leving a train goes by and the wardrobe collapses.
    Mystified he puts it all back together, checks the joints then gets inside to see what happens, when the next train goes by, in fifteen minutes time.

Whilst he waits the woman sits on the bed, doing her nails. Meanwhile the husband arrives home from work early, zooms up the stairs. Looks at his wife then hears a noise from the wardrobe. He opens the door in a rage, to see this guy cowering in the wardrobe
    'errrr, I am waiting for a train'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      How do women manage to convince you to put up flat pack furniture at 10pm on a school night?
      Whichever they achieve it, I think you are missing the point.

Women are devious minxes and the whole point of putting up flat pack furniture is not for the intended use (though that will be useful anyway).

The giveaway was "10pm".

She's obviously fallen out with the neighbours (or downstairs if you live in a flat), and she is using your manly obediance in order to make a lot of noise and peeve of the offending neighbour.

Bascially, you've been "played"

HTH
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I like assembling flat pack furniture. Stop whinging - you could be doing the washing up!
        Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        and the cooking, cleaning, ironing etc.......
        He's already done those, why do you think he's assembling the furniture at 10pm
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I rather enjoy assembling stuff like flat pack furniture and always used to do it in our house, It was cheap & cheerful and meant you could change it often.

However I have become disenchanted with the flat pack and am now more interested in solidly built stuff that lasts.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I have become disenchanted with the flat pack and am now more interested in solidly built stuff that lasts.
            That's what the good Lady Tester said when she agreed to marry me.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              I rather enjoy assembling stuff like flat pack furniture and always used to do it in our house, It was cheap & cheerful and meant you could change it often.

However I have become disenchanted with the flat pack and am now more interested in solidly built stuff that lasts.
              I have been seriously considering making this stuff as my plan B. Desks in walnut, tables and display cabinets in cherry

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I have been seriously considering making this stuff as my plan B. Desks in walnut, tables and display cabinets in cherry

You can bloody well put it together yorself!
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  That's what the good Lady Tester said when she agreed to marry me.
                  oh dear! I suppose a congrats is in order.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Your one of those "classy" <expensive> ladies aren't you?
                    Yes, but I've always paid for eveything anyway.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      oh dear! I suppose a congrats is in order.
                      She’s agreed, but says it'll have to be next year. She says she needs at least 18 months to fanny about choosing a dress, go on a diet, arrange guest lists, choose bridesmaids, arrange a decent band etc.

She might be a little disappointed when I turn up with jeans and t-shirt and say ‘right, where do I sign?’
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X