• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got an opinion on.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an opinion on.......

Tookie Williams' execution?

Barbarian executed by barbarians
    Justice served
    Racist killing
    what do you think?
    Why not?

Sounded like a total **** to me.

Should have tortured the brutal tosser for 20 yrs, then shot him a few times and then maybe finished him off with a can of petrol and a match.

But then maybe I'm just an old softy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Tookie Williams' execution?

Barbarian executed by barbarians
      Justice served
      Racist killing
      what do you think?
      I don't support the idea of the dealth penalty as a 'normal' punishment, but the US do and that was the punishment that the Judge decided was the correct one for the evidence presented in court.

So, unless you can show that the judgment was wrong for a valid legal reason, (to use the American phrase) it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Nothing at all that you do after you have been convicted should be allowed to change the judgement one little bit.

Anybody could come along, repent and asked to be released next week. It just doesn't work like that.

timmy

Comment

Terminated!

Actually I'm not in favour of state execution, but I suspect I'm in a small minority on this board.

Daleks are in favour of summary extermination though. Would any daleks on here like to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Terminated!

Actually I'm not in favour of state execution, but I suspect I'm in a small minority on this board.

Daleks are in favour of summary extermination though. Would any daleks on here like to comment?
          I fail to see what purpose another death has served. The guy was off the streets, his death will not as has been proven act as a deterrent to other people.

OK, so the guy won't do it again, but, then again he was in gaol so wasn't likely to be in a position to do it again either.

Comment

I think justice has been served, arsehole.

Comment

Its a good day to die!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He may have been off the street mr Churchill
                but that doesnt deter people does it ?
                now a nice brutal execution .............
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's a shame they poison them, would have made a lovely meal
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Not in favour either.

Not that I am particularly concerned about the morality, just that there is hardly ever any such thing as total certainty in a conviction (The sort that stabs 15 people in a shopping mall in front of umpteen witnesses is usually going to be mentally ill anyhow) and we should not be executing the innocent. On a practical note the death penalty can make juries reluctant to convict.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X