• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cooking TV recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I know
    Plastic as in nip/tuck or as in Amex

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Plastic as in nip/tuck or as in Amex
      Not nip/tuck... more like a pretend geek..
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Couldn't drive at the time and where the chefs accommodation was situated it meant having to drive to the restaurant and back, due to the hours you would be doing the public transport was a nightmare. I did try and sort out lifts but it fell through.

Still, I found out that Heston wasn't around during the time I would have been there as he was filming elsewhere for one of his series.

Ah well

And so I ended up back doing my old job as a contractor
        So you wouldn't have had the chance to learn how to make Soylent Green anyway?
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I am absolutely rubbish in the kitchen but of late have decided that at the age of 34 it's time I learned at least the basics. Am currently working my way through the following:

Gordon Ramsay's - Cooking for Friends
          America - Jamie Oliver
          Baking - Rachel Allan

I did a disastrous steamed pudding yesterday but an excellent trout in dijon mustard
          I had a bit of much needed voluntary bench time back in the 1980s and worked my way through Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course. It was excellent because it assumed no prior skills, even telling you how to boil an egg. I particularly liked the bits on making stock and stews, and the buttery kedgeree recipe is still a favourite.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            OMG!! Wow - how come you turned it down?
            She could make the pasta but couldn't fly the jet back from Rome
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Am currently working my way through the following:

Baking - Rachel Allen
              I'd like to work my way through Rachel Allen, she's gorgeous.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                So you wouldn't have had the chance to learn how to make Soylent Green anyway?
                or snail porridge

Still if I stay in this country (all depends on where Mr Norr ends up, we're aiming for NL) then plan B will be back up and running, given that some interested parties have now got maximum exposure on tv, then things would be very good. If not, plan B will be shelved till I get the lie of the land in whatever country I end up in.
                Last edited by norrahe; 10 January 2010, 19:27.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

For those of you who are interested in cookery and want some easy to follow recipes then look no further than this the recipes are tested on average 4 times by each of the classes at the school. (I should know I went there).
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Thanks for that, I've added it to my wish list!

I'm not a great cook and some recipes seem like they are not tested at all - Delia and Nigella!!! Or it's just me and my poor skills!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      I'd like to work my way through Rachel Allen, she's gorgeous.
                      Yeah, she could definitely sell more books with a few tasteful pics in amongst the recipes

Comment

Working...
                      X