• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Quiz - who is this ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    How was he not white? And when did he go to Russia?
    He was an Auguste. Its a type of clown, the one that gets the custard pie in the gob
    The guy who throws the pie is a white

He was trained by a Russian

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Walt Disney? Nobody has made it any bigger than him with children, and that can't be his real name. He's probably Wladimir Distoyovski.
      It is his real name. Walt is short for Walter of course, and Disney is an English surname of Norman origin, corrupted from D'Isigny meaning from the village of Isigny-Sur-Mer in Normandy. The area's dairy products are sold all over France (including Disneyland) under the brand name D'Isigny.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Not Al Johnson

He won an honour from the queen
        This fellows name pops up at mealtimes all over the country

Pass the potatoes?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
          It is his real name. Walt is short for Walter of course, and Disney is an English surname of Norman origin, corrupted from D'Isigny meaning from the village of Isigny-Sur-Mer in Normandy. The area's dairy products are sold all over France (including Disneyland) under the brand name D'Isigny.
          Well I never. So he was named after a film company. Like Jim Carrey-On.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Well I never. So he was named after a film company. Like Jim Carrey-On.
            John Waynes world
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Elya Baskin wasn't far off, and I never Googled it! He was in Moscow on the Hudson, underrated movie.....

Elya Baskin (Latvian: Iļja Baskins; born 11 August 1950) is a Latvian actor.
              Baskin was born in Riga, the son of Frieda and Zalman Baskin. He attended Moscow's prestigious Theatre and Variety Arts College and won a Festival of Young Actors Award at the Moscow Comedy Theatre. Baskin immigrated to the United States in 1976.[1] He has built a considerable career in TV and movies, and is often cast as a Russian, due to his ancestry and accent. He has ultimately become one of the most popular choices whenever a Russian is needed in a TV-episode or a major movie production. He is also a regular on the long-running Internet program "Outlaw Radio" hosted by Matt Alan, where he makes amusing commentary on contemporary topics, and does comedic interaction with fellow actor Richard Tyson and author Burl Barer, among many others.
              So, going back to original question, I got the Baltic State, I got the Russian bit, and a bit got the US entertainment bit. I reckon I deserve a Crackerjack Pencil at least....

Comment

Do I win a prize?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Do I win a prize?
                  you do.
                  Please put your Pen1s into this pipe

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

you do.
                    Please put your Pen1s into this pipe

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again.

Comment

John Waynes world
                      That was preferable to what he changed it from.

It's a little-known fact that he was originally named by his father in memory of his conception in a northern England supermarket, and in memory of the checkout girl he did it with.

Comment

Working...
                      X