• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This has been puzzling me all day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in a German hotel once last year and I was woken up by the toilet running. Water was constantly running down into the bowl.

I lifted the lid off, and it was obvious: a bit of a design flaw meant it was possible for the arm to get stuck and so the ball didn't float up. I unstuck it and it was fine. Obviously this German toilet didn't overflow outside, like we tend to have, but down the bowl, so it seemed like it was constantly flushing by itself.

No wonder we won the war. Superior toilet design.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Superior toilet design.
      Is that sarcasm? I would not call a toilet that overflows instead of auto flushing down a better designed toilet...

Comment

A ghost flush for a ghost turd?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It is nothing to worry about. It is likely just a poltergeist or similar entity. Get yourself a couple of bottles of Holy Water for sprinkling, hang garlic around the place, and hermetically seal the bathroom and it is job done.
          For emergencies you might want to keep a couple of empty Paul Masson wine bottles under the bed. In case you get caught short in the night, you know?
          Piece of cake!

HTH
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Points for guessing where I live now.

Clue, it isn't Swindon.

My new house has sixty eight 50w halogen downlighters. I've arrived.
            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            There's a tramp living in the loft.
            Ahhh Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Ahhh Ha!
              Oh that's mean !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Ahhh Ha!
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  It is nothing to worry about. It is likely just a poltergeist or similar entity. Get yourself a couple of bottles of Holy Water for sprinkling, hang garlic around the place, and hermetically seal the bathroom and it is job done.
                  For emergencies you might want to keep a couple of empty Paul Masson wine bottles under the bed. In case you get caught short in the night, you know?
                  Piece of cake!

HTH
                  Only spirits in this place is the bottle of Remy I'm currently sampling
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Ahhh Ha!

Comment

The tart you picked up last night after all those tequila slammers just left, she wasn't happy you fell asleep so she took your wallet, left a log and an earing in the bed.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X