• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Tv's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently....

The latest T-Shirts in New Orleans say :

"I went to New Orleans and survived Hurricane Katrina, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt, a 32" Plasma TV and a Cadilliac"

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Isnt that Chico's "life partner?"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        LCD is better than Plasma, just go to a showroom ans the difference id obvious.

Also go for a HDTV (High definition TV), broadcasts start next year.
        Also get a Digital tuner.

HTH

MG

P.S. if any one knows about camcorders then please post here http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread5067.html

Depends on the size.

Think of where they came from... PLasma were designed to be big, LCD was designed to sit on your desk.

At about 40" or more the Plasma is better than the LCD
        Below 40" the LCD is generally better

Comment

I have one of these in every room, including each of the 17 bedrooms in my main residence.

Which was nice.

Threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            I have one of these in every room, including each of the 17 bedrooms in my main residence.

Which was nice.

Threaded.
            What, a little yellow flower or a Japanese woman?

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
              Depends on the size.

Think of where they came from... PLasma were designed to be big, LCD was designed to sit on your desk.

At about 40" or more the Plasma is better than the LCD
              Below 40" the LCD is generally better
              100% Agree with that. Spent 6 months this year researching this stuff and took the plunge about 3 months ago.

Disregarding cost then if you're buying best Plasma go with the Panasonic PV500 - generally rated as the best on the market atm. If you're going LCD get a Phillips PF9830 (Up to 37").

LCD Suffers if you're only using an analogue input as well - no point buying one unless you're using freeview at least but it'll really come into it's own with HDTV, which is coming very very soon...

Power wise the plasma sux it up and lifetime on plasma's is still debatable (Some say 5 years but new models should e longer) but not an issue with LCD.

You'll find people who disagree with all of that cause once you enter into that strange world you come to a conclusion that half the sh!t they're talking about is so invisible to the average viewer that we'll never notice and some people are just obsessive about 'their' technology.

Personally I went LCD and I gotta say it absolutely rocks, on some movies it's like looking out of your window and when HDTV hit's it is gonna be absolutely stunning.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Which was nice.

Threaded.
                Sorry to disappoint you DP, but actually I bought some of this stuff (get it in 100m rolls from a mate of mine) and simply wall-papered each room for the full IMAX experience.

Which was nice.

threaded

Comment

Working...
                X