• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wootton Basset?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

(Unless you're brown of course)
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      didn't those brave muslim chaps send in a 14 year old girl strapped with explosives into a crowded area and remotely detonate her - boy those guys really now how to fight bravely against the nasty western oppresors

I normally try and put a bit of a funny/rude sign off here but I somehow do not have the heart right now.
      Yea, but she would of got 17 virgins in heaven,

PZZ

Comment

why not paint a huge cartoon of a certain prophet on the street. Surely they would not trample on the face of the one who should not be drawn!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I wonder if the English Defence League will turn up for a counter demonstration?- wonder how the BBC would report that?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

too be honest yeah its bad cos its a death town plenty of brain washed troopers fighting a war over oil and pipelines.

Of course what 500 out of what 2 million muslims, wouldnt be surprised if 85% of them are just not right in the head, so what man, if we had demonstrations for fox hunting, greenpeace, tax this and that, blah blah who cares its going to happen lol its nothing.

Agreed the world is a messed up place and doesnt make no sense and stirring up trouble is annoying as hell. End of the day if a little village cant handle some hardliners then why the heck can they handle dropping bombs on other countries, shooting at people abraod thousands of miles away.

Its just a shame it takes an extreme example to repel such blatent agression abroad and damn right i see a sense of irony as terrorists are killing their own kind.
            Death sucks no one wants little kids and young men to die in War but at the same time if they showed mutilated bodies of innocent civilians and wrecked cities and towns, i'm sure people would have another view and understand why a bunch of nutters go to extreme lengths to piss people off.

Just be impressed its only 500 cos since the wars started a lot of friendly countries are having major problems and this wasn't happening 8 years ago, well was'nt in the mainstream media atleast.
            Debate, discuss, talk about it is the best way and the best outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
              too be honest yeah its bad cos its a death town plenty of brain washed troopers fighting a war over oil and pipelines.

Of course what 500 out of what 2 million muslims, wouldnt be surprised if 85% of them are just not right in the head, so what man, if we had demonstrations for fox hunting, greenpeace, tax this and that, blah blah who cares its going to happen lol its nothing.

Agreed the world is a messed up place and doesnt make no sense and stirring up trouble is annoying as hell. End of the day if a little village cant handle some hardliners then why the heck can they handle dropping bombs on other countries, shooting at people abraod thousands of miles away.

Its just a shame it takes an extreme example to repel such blatent agression abroad and damn right i see a sense of irony as terrorists are killing their own kind.
              Death sucks no one wants little kids and young men to die in War but at the same time if they showed mutilated bodies of innocent civilians and wrecked cities and towns, i'm sure people would have another view and understand why a bunch of nutters go to extreme lengths to piss people off.

Just be impressed its only 500 cos since the wars started a lot of friendly countries are having major problems and this wasn't happening 8 years ago, well was'nt in the mainstream media atleast.
              Fook... 2 million already you fookers are breeding like rabbits
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is anyone able to offer a translation of the above into English?

Comment

Are you on some kind of medication?
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Are you on some kind of medication?
                    Not the prescription kind, at a guess

Although if I understand him correctly, he does have a point

The chap from the Islam4UK organisation said on Monday (as reported in The Grauniad on Tuesday) that the suggestion of holding the march was just a publicity stunt, that it had worked in terms of attracting loads of publicity, and that not only had he taken no steps to apply for permission to hold a march, he wasn't even sure if he could be bothered... except that now it had garnered such a large amount of publicity he was tempted to carry on and apply for permission, just to keep the publicity ball rolling.

Someone who knows the group was also quoted as saying that they number between two and three hundred strong, mostly clueless and looking up to the main man as a charismatic leader.

So one bloke who has persuaded a couple of hundred airheads to listen to him now has the major news sources and the leaders of the major political parties vying with each other to give him more publicity, thereby strengthening his position in the eyes of his tiny band of followers, and potentially leading a whole bunch of lost nut-jobs to seek him out and bolster his support.

The best way to deal with this would be for everybody to shut up about it; but as long as the Daily Mail thinks it can make money by running stories about it, and the politicians think they can gain pre-election kudos by ranting louder than their opponents about it, this nonentity will continue to enlarge his stature in the eyes of an ever-growing band of supporters.

There'll be tears at the end of it, you mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Is anyone able to offer a translation of the above into English?
                      trsisko is Muslim http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ost369765.html and from previous posts I don't think that we need to be as scared of him as the Daily Mail would have us believe.

The questions I think he is asking is why a few hundred nutjobs can't be treated the same as any other nutjobs and why should they provoke particular attention from the media because they are Islamic nutjobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X