• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The OCD thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a slob.

My wife would love for me to have OCD
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post

I've just remembered I left a knife in the fork section of my cutlery drawer!
      Did you remember that on the way to the airport, and then have to drive back and fix it?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My mrs used to have it bad (its better now)

Before bed ritual (if not done, she couldnt sleep):

Make sure curtains closed and the curtain rings are evenly spaced apart (in EVERY room of house)
        All drawers closed (re-open and close them properly even if already closed)
        Clothes folded and put away

All cutlery put away off draining board
        Sofa cushions fluffed

Car Parking OCD:

Reverse into our parking space and make sure back wheel bounces off kerb.

(once, i was driving and as a laugh i didnt bounce the car on the kerb, much to her disgust. We got all the way to the front door, when she grabbed the keys to the car off me, got in the car, started it, reversed into the kerb, got back out and joined me again at the front door!)

Comment

I insist on giving my users a stream of abuse every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I insist on giving my users a stream of abuse every morning.
            that sets you up for the day then?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Everytime I see this thread I have to make the same response.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am pretty bad for it, takes me 5 minutes to get out the house as I have to check all the doors, windows an plugs. Refuse to eat anything unless I have washed my hands and if I have to go through doors between eating and washing my hands I have to use a paper towel to open the doors.

Comment

The whole syndrome has reached epidemic proportions in parts of West Scotland and also in Ulster. To the extent that there are gaggles of sourfaced weary-willies traipsing up and down the streets in comic garb celebrating some 17th century battle. Hilarious to behold, but you shouldn't laugh as they have no sense of humour. All Bowler hats and tangerine sashes like the Homepride Boys' adaptation of the Jarrow Crusade!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I cannot bear to see the lids off pens that are not being used so I will always put the lid back on or retract the nib if I spot one that needs attention, anywhere.

I don't think that is OCD though, just conservation of ink resources.

I manage to function fairly well despite of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      The whole syndrome has reached epidemic proportions in parts of West Scotland and also in Ulster. To the extent that there are gaggles of sourfaced weary-willies traipsing up and down the streets in comic garb celebrating some 17th century battle. Hilarious to behold, but you shouldn't laugh as they have no sense of humour. All Bowler hats and tangerine sashes like the Homepride Boys' adaptation of the Jarrow Crusade!!

I was told that placing a speaker out the window whilst Randy Newman sung "short people" to them might help, the patents refused the medication and had a bottle slung at the window

Comment

Working...
                      X