• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nespresso Machines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a couple of stove top espresso pots

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Mok...2086082&sr=8-1

Much cheaper than an espresso machine. No moving parts and almost zero maintenance.

small one just for me and a bigger one for when I have guests who need coffee
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I've been toying with the idea of buying one (like I haven't got enough kitchen gadgets already but....) ever since I had one in a hotel room I stayed in and like the convenience of it.

Has anyone got one already, how have they found the quality of the coffee?
      Recomend one of these, no plumbing and uses a 13 amp plug.

http://www.nextdaycoffee.co.uk/Equip...e-Machine.html
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Stay clear of these infernal machines unless you have space in your cupbaord next to the sodastream, yoghurt maker, bread maker and pasta machine. If you aren't 'serious' about coffee, stick to instant.

Comment

Once you've started drinking "real" coffee, it's horrible to go back to instant. I'd prefer to have a glass of water.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            er..I was saying that good quality (ie local farm with awards galore) are WITH merit...not without !

Agreed on the water retention with the poorest quality products too.

Probably the best sausages I have had were from here http://www.lakesspecialityfoods.co.uk/holding.htm

Put a few of the Chilli and Chocolate Nib sausages on a Foreman, and about 1/4 of a teaspoon of fat came out. Unbelievable. Excellent sausages too !
            Low fat doesn't automatically mean better sausages. It's like people thinking that good sausages should be 100% meat... they're supposed to contain filler to get the right consistency.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On the coffee front, I'm not sure why everyone seems to suggest you either go instant, or spend £hundreds on a Gaggia. There's several levels in between... for instance buy a caffetiere for £5, and ground coffee at £2/bag. Real coffee, quick and easy.

I often find coffee made by mixing espresso & water doesn't taste too nice compared to simple filter coffee. Is that due to the beans used, or is it simply a different taste to get used to? I do like espresso, which leaves me a bit confused.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I got a couple of stove top espresso pots

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Mok...2086082&sr=8-1

Much cheaper than an espresso machine. No moving parts and almost zero maintenance.

small one just for me and a bigger one for when I have guests who need coffee
                I had one of these stove top expresso makers. Works fine.

Binned my Dualit Cappucino machine after it packed up for the 2nd time, and now I drink green tea
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                X