• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SRJ Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
    This may not be them but...

Name & Registered Office:
    SRJ DEBT RECOVERIES LIMITED
    52 NEW TOWN
    UCKFIELD
    EAST SUSSEX
    TN22 5DE
    Company No. 05064551

From compaines house website.. Checkout the post code on google maps.
    Simmons Gainsford LLP?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
      This may not be them but...

Name & Registered Office:
      SRJ DEBT RECOVERIES LIMITED
      52 NEW TOWN
      UCKFIELD
      EAST SUSSEX
      TN22 5DE
      Company No. 05064551

From compaines house website.. Checkout the post code on google maps.
      That address is an accountant offering a registered office address service.

It is also the registered office address of these people
      http://www.toe-rings.co.uk/

Perfectly good for serving official notices to the company though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Don't forget to pass on the bill for hunting them down!

I've had endless hassles from debt collection companies relating to previous occupant of the house. At one point they were ringing daily and couldn't or wouldn't listen to reason. Good luck - hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

I didn't realise you were so knowledgeable about toe rings

Reverting to the original purpose of the thread: might said accountants be fearful of potential damage to their reputation and/or standing in the industry if it was made known to them that a company they "house" was engaged in behaviour that was likely to draw the wrong kind of attention from the OFT and Trading Standards departments? Or do they not give a tulip?

Might be worth sending a letter to put the wind up their kilt

Comment

Also be a little careful about confirming names and dates of birth etc. with people over the phone claiming anything, especially if they claim there is a debt. As soon as you confirm details, they take that as acknowledgement you personally have a debt, and you have the devils time sorting it out. Best go to a proper lawyer with the letters as soon as they start.

Additionally there are numerous identity thieves using this technique as a scam to 'improve' the details they're getting hold of from several sources. Some of the scammers claim to be tax offices and other government departments too.

But the common thread is they all trace back to debt collection agencies, and often there is no debt, or if there was, it was often on a previous occupant.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Linkage to a similar thread...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I would hand over to a very expensive lawyer with instructions to draw it out as long as possible.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Debt Business has turned into a Mafia like industry in the last ten years. You are now considered guilty until you prove yourself innocent. Even worse the courts are being bypassed and existing safeguard laws are being ignored by collection agencies and bailiffs.

There are one or two MPs campaigning for reform in the industry but the MPs are saying that the government does not want to change current legislation because the majority of bailiffs and debt collectors are used to collect Council Tax and unpaid fine and parking penalties and they don’t care about the niceties.

Bailiffs and debt collectors are supposed to abide by their code of conduct, but they never do. There a (alleged unpaied) council tax bailiff who tried to charge me £50 for each car in my road on the grounds that he needed to check the name and address of the owner in case one of them belonged to me. (Bailiffs have there own access to the DVLA database).

A distant friend who is in his 70s phoned me in a panic because a bailiff had forced his way in the house to collect unpaid Income Tax regarding a ten year old debt from a liquidated company. After telephoning HMCR and rating at them they called of the recovery.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A similar problem and enjoyable read (apart from the guff in between)
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

British Gas got a court order to read a gas meter in one of my flats that had no gas supply. They sent a bill for £300 They said that that would cancel it but they didn't I complained to the old Ofgas or who ever it was and they said that they can't help me because I am not a gas customer!
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X