• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

District 9

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Let's take zombie movies. How many of them based in UK?
    Culturally, zombies originate from ghouls in middle eastern cultural history; they don't appear in Western European culture. (We had werewolves and werebears.) Hence they don't belong set in the UK.

When Hollywood wanted horror stories, it took many sources for their inspiration, including Islamic mythology.

However, some say the original Frankenstein story (not set in America) is a zombie story - that is set in Europe.

I think there may have been a werewolf story movie in London. (Although the parochial Merkins did have to claim it was a tourist of theirs.)
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Let's take zombie movies.

How many of them based in UK?

That's a much clear cut scenario than triffids - what would you shoot them in the head with, forks?

Shaun of the Dead

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        Shaun of the Dead

HTH
        Yes, how encouraging - killing zombies with vinils...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Culturally, zombies originate from ghouls in middle eastern cultural history; they don't appear in Western European culture. (We had werewolves and werebears.) Hence they don't belong set in the UK.
          And I thought you'd say that was because British people are immune to retro virus that turns humans into zombies

Comment

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.

"Plot

Don (Robert Carlyle) and his wife Alice (Catherine McCormack) live in a barricaded cottage they share with four others, somewhere in rural Great Britain. They let a terrified boy inside, and moments later, a pack of the infected attack and enter the house. Alice refuses to leave without the boy; Don abandons Alice and escapes as the sole survivor."

This plot does not sound like humans with guns kick rotting zombie's arses.

Comment

Colin
                The Dead Outside
                Doomsday

... are just 3 that come to mind
                The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

"Plot

Don (Robert Carlyle) and his wife Alice (Catherine McCormack) live in a barricaded cottage they share with four others, somewhere in rural Great Britain. They let a terrified boy inside, and moments later, a pack of the infected attack and enter the house. Alice refuses to leave without the boy; Don abandons Alice and escapes as the sole survivor."

This plot does not sound like humans with guns kick rotting zombie's arses.
                  I never said it was, although if you'd read past the first paragraph on Wikipedia you would have found out that they go to Canary Wharf where the army have set up a safe area.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    you would have found out that they go to Canary Wharf where the army have set up a safe area.
                    Why would there be a safe area from zombies there?

Oh wait I get it - that's cuz no brains to get there?

Comment

Why would there be a safe area from zombies there?

Oh wait I get it - that's cuz no brains to get there?
                      http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/2004/07/c...free-paradise/

Comment

Working...
                      X