• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

moben kitchens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bought a moben kitchen a few years back

it seemed to go okay - the ripped out the old wall mounted cooker and made it into a cupboard (with door!)

skimmed all the walls as they were aertexed

they did however install the units before doing the electrics so they had to re-install the units (fu<wits)

took their credit deal to get the price down and the paid off in full (slight admin charge but still cheaper than trying to pay them cash (wtf)

Anyway all in seemed okay if a bit clueless - quality of kitchen, worktops etc was good though

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I feel sick now...
      You paid a £2500 deposit for a 13K kitchen for a small room, with unclear / unstated requirements?

I hope you are not involved with project management at any level!!

Are you for real?!?

My kitchen cost £3K all inclusive, and mine is large - around 25 long!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        You paid a £2500 deposit for a 13K kitchen for a small room, with unclear / unstated requirements? I hope you are not involved with project management at any level!! Are you for real?!?
        Ouch! Do you need some salt? To rub into the wound?
        Seemingly not.

It must be great to be perfect, to have never been ripped off and to just have a nice easy life where you get on with everyone and nothing ever goes wrong.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

So your kitchen is made entirely of chipboard then, with lino for worktops
          Last edited by norrahe; 21 December 2009, 18:38.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            So your kitchen is made entirely of chipboard then, wth lino for worktops
            Excellent comeback!

Comment

Might be worth checking for your deposit
              The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

wow

wow!. Reading your post, I must consider my self the luckiest man alive. I purchased my kitchen from the infamous "Rock Solid Kitchens". Not only did it arrive on time and all units accounted for, they chucked in several extra units, which thanks to my jigsaw, I have made various benches and tables out of, hehe.

Sorry to hear about your badluck.

Comment

I would also advise against using kitchens direct.

I used them years ago when I bought my first house, not only were they late, they put the kitchen in, in a hurrry got glue all over the fronts of the cupboards and worktops, chipped said worktops and b*ggered up my gas connection.

Oh yeah, and as I was refurbing the house they used the new bath which was waiting to be put in as a saw horse and scratched it.

Needless to say countless phone calls and letters of complaint got me nowhere
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by churkus View Post
                    wow!. Reading your post, I must consider my self the luckiest man alive. I purchased my kitchen from the infamous "Rock Solid Kitchens". Not only did it arrive on time and all units accounted for, they chucked in several extra units, which thanks to my jigsaw, I have made various benches and tables out of, hehe.

Sorry to hear about your badluck.
                    are they very affordable? I did check out their website and it was too good to be true

Norrahe's blog

Comment

14K!!! Ours cost about 25k. I would have settled for Homebase or something but no, we had to have top of range solid oak doors, granite worktops, stone tiles, all new appliances.

The best way to save money on a kitchen is to get a divorce before looking.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X